Parked FJR Hit And Run By Old Lady NWF

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my test in the early 80's on a Kawasaki 1100 Spectre. Got it through the cones and the gal passed me. She said everybody usually comes on a bike about 350cc or less. First time in a while she'd seen someone take the roadtest on a bike they would actually ride. Pretty cool experience back then.

Despite the current lack of emphasis on competency in driving tests, I do believe that technology will help those in the aging population drive longer AND safer in the future.

While nothing is going to help the driver with decreased or absent mental facilities.

Future near- term technology will add a cushion of safety(yes, I know, whether we like it or not). I.E. Adaptive cruise control will adjust your speed based on traffic volume and distance to vehicle in front of you, lane change sensors will alert you if someone is in your blind spot. Audio GPS as well as Heads up display, will help you find an address without taking your eyes of the road. We all know the benefits of ABS, EFI, Stability control, Air bags, side curtains, auto tensioning seatbelts (sorry Sparky), All wheel drive, Radial tires,etc....

We all have been beneficiaries of all or some of these electro/mechanical changes,

albeit, grudgingly at first. Even though I prefer to drive cars/SUVs with manual transmissions, my choices today are very limited.

However, I am confident enough that at some point in my life, these technological advancements will allow me the ability to spend a few extra years driving in a safe and uneventful fashion.

Don't get me wrong, when the hard drive finally goes, I want someone to take away my car/bike keys, and leave me in front of one of my open gun safes to ponder my next move! :bye2:

Don't get me wrong, when the hard drive finally goes, I want someone to take away my car/bike keys, and leave me in front of one of my open gun safes to ponder my next move! :bye2:
Don't you care about anyone but yourself. You know whoever leaves you in front of the gun case will be charged with assisting you in your suicide. :haha:

OK, OK, Sparky,

How about.... Park me in front of my big screen, tie the remote to my wrist, and just let me set there and drool and SH*t my PJ's, while I ponder my next move!

There now, I certainly feel much better about this option. :rolf:

Remember to fill your mouth with water, use hollow points, and aim for the top back of your head throught your front teeth...no need to suffer eh? ;)

OK OK, this turned a bit too morbid too quickly!! :bigeyes:

And now let's resume our regular broadcast schedule!!!

Pleaase! :bleh: