Passport x50 pop mode

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bill

Old Dog
Reaction score
New x50 is wired and Pop mode activated. Has anyone else activated this mode on their x50?

I had a dozen false Pop alarms this Sunday, always with another car wizzing by in the oposite direction. I don't know if I should reset the Pop mode back to off.

New x50 is wired and Pop mode activated. Has anyone else activated this mode on their x50?
I had a dozen false Pop alarms this Sunday, always with another car wizzing by in the oposite direction. I don't know if I should reset the Pop mode back to off.

I have had mine activated since day 1 and yep, I get false signals too.....Not as many as you said you get but I do get them at the oddest times. Not really a bother so I just leave it on.

I have had mine activated since day 1 and yep, I get false signals too.....Not as many as you said you get but I do get them at the oddest times. Not really a bother so I just leave it on.
What's pop mode? I can't locate my owner's manual. Thanks.

FYI.....click here for POP mode

Cheers,

Jim

BTW, you wouldn't need to worry about this with a Valentine One because their POP mode doesn't work for shit.....JUST KIDDING!!!! :yahoo:

I think I had so many because of all the sports cars and bikes with radar detectors out in the Catskills and Hudson Valley of NY this last sunday. Each time I had a POP alert a car was coming by really fast.

And what is POP mode, well on the X50 you can turn on or off different bands (and even individual frequencies). A lot of people turn off X band because of the false alerts found in the city. I leave the X band on because I found a Mass Trooper in the Berkshires running with X band, which is very tricky because you'd think its a false alarm or maybe the state just gives the Troopers out in the wild western Mass. area all the old garbage equipment. Anyway the detector comes with the POP mode off for some reason, but after all those false alarms I think I know why they ship it POP off.

I think I'm going to leave POP on, I can use the false alerts to make sure I can hear my screamer.