Performance Modifacations 08 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd 08 FJR

Reaction score
Hi here is a free look at some performance modifications on an 08 FJR for anyone interested.

Two brothers M-2 exhaust, Power commander III, stock header with cats removed, H pipe installed, opened air box and installed a UNI air filter. The bike has very good low and mid range response and is strong on the top end. I went with the modified stock header keeping the smaller diameter head pipes because I feel it will preserve more useable low and mid range power and response without putting a larger cam in the motor and doing head work etc. I don't really see any need for using a larger diameter head pipe I really like the way the exhaust sounds exiting out of both mufflers simultaneously it sounds almost as nice as the four into one to me and I think it sounds much nicer than the Only brand X header on the market available for the FJR that offers no X pipe, H pipe of any kind. I know its all preference This was mine! Note: I am also aware this is all (absolutely subjective) Click on link below to see Pic's.

https://picasaweb.google.com/hdpaint93/08FJR?feat=directlink

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi here is a free look at some performance modifications on an 08 FJR for anyone interested.Two brothers M-2 exhaust, Power commander III, stock header with cats removed, H pipe installed, opened air box and installed a UNI air filter. The bike has very good low and mid range response and is strong on the top end. I went with the modified stock header keeping the smaller diameter head pipes because I feel it will preserve more useable low and mid range power and response without putting a larger cam in the motor and doing head work etc. I don't really see any need for using a larger diameter head pipe I really like the way the exhaust sounds exiting out of both mufflers simultaneously it sounds almost as nice as the four into one to me and I think it sounds much nicer than the Only brand X header on the market available for the FJR that offers no X pipe, H pipe of any kind. I know its all preference This was mine! Note: I am also aware this is all (absolutely subjective) Click on link below to see Pic's.

https://picasaweb.google.com/hdpaint93/08FJR?feat=directlink

Awesome bike. I'm a little biased because mine looks verry similar. Question: Is the dog on steroids?