Philosophical Fragments:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As always, beautiful writing my friend. There is something ethereal about a road trip on a bike that cannot be understood by those who have not experienced it. At times there is the comparison to banging one's head against a wall - it's wonderful to stop doing it! Yet there is something that keeps us doing it despite the fatigue, the aches and the pains.

I'm still savoring my annual road trip, meandering around Colorado with a vague plan to head to California in a few days. As my thoughts crystallize, I will try and write them down here, with a modicum of eloquence, that those thoughts may entertain and inspire.

Cheers, to my imaginary friends!

Jill

(Inspired by more than one glass of gin this evening)

Well said, JB. Keep the light on in the Castle, should be back to Kali by the weekend.

Mike and Terri,

Jackson, WY. for the night.

As always, beautiful writing my friend. There is something ethereal about a road trip on a bike that cannot be understood by those who have not experienced it. At times there is the comparison to banging one's head against a wall - it's wonderful to stop doing it! Yet there is something that keeps us doing it despite the fatigue, the aches and the pains.
I'm still savoring my annual road trip, meandering around Colorado with a vague plan to head to California in a few days. As my thoughts crystallize, I will try and write them down here, with a modicum of eloquence, that those thoughts may entertain and inspire.

Cheers, to my imaginary friends!

Jill

(Inspired by more than one glass of gin this evening)
Jill, where in the hell did you go at NAFO? I saw you and Andy Thursday nite when I got in, and then you vanished! Did you take up with the bellhop?

Well said, JB. Keep the light on in the Castle, should be back to Kali by the weekend.
Mike and Terri,

Jackson, WY. for the night.
Roger that. Return safely.

Jill, where in the hell did you go at NAFO? I saw you and Andy Thursday nite when I got in, and then you vanished! Did you take up with the bellhop?
Nope - didn't take up with the bellhop, although I can hardly express my gratitude to Toecutter for his duties, in whisking our saddlebags, tail bags, tank bags etc to our room. I felt like royalty, being welcome that way. That was SERVICE with a smile!

It was my intention to sit with my friend JB and discuss intellectual things, late into the night, or get very drunk, or both. Yet the time got away from us. Too many good people, not enough time.

Time to start planning the next CA get-together.

Jill

"...my petite cornichon..." Pretty dang flowery, er pickley, for a motorcycle forum!

But, I expect nothing less from Monsieur Burleigh! Great post as always. Thanks for sharing!