Pic of the Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
I found this pic on ADVrider. Amazing photo by a rider named Frank Likes to Ride. Frank can not only ride but handle a camera too. Female FJR pilot.

p403629133-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shot! So who is this in the pic...are they is she here?

--G

Edit after reading ADVrider thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a really fun and skilled group on some awesome roads. I really miss the CA roads and my SD doesn't take pics like that.

Looks like a really fun and skilled group on some awesome roads. I really miss the CA roads and my SD doesn't take pics like that.
I read that whole thread; the guy is using a $3-4k dslr taking pics left handed while riding. Mad skillz, no doubt.

Yeah, I saw another thread somewhere about that guy and the way he was taking pictures. I think he said he hangs the camera around his neck, and hits the button while on the bike and gets what he gets. The thing is, in some of the pictures he has posted, it looks like he is in full lean when he snapped them. People were giving him shit for risking that camera set up while on the bike. If I remember right, people were worried he was gonna break the camera, but not so much concern that he was gonna frigging crash.

He takes great pictures and has some good skills.

No, he keeps it in a tankbag and pulls it out when he wants to snap a pic, no straps. You can see in some of his pics how he's holding it in his mirrors. He used to race and is obviously a very good rider, he's watching where he's going while snapping pics, not looking at the subject. I'm sure it took some trial and error to get the hang of it and he probably deletes a lot of pics that don't measure up, but his end results are well worth the effort.

Went through the entire thread last night. There are some incredible pictures there. Sounds like he went through the KTM and BMW and has settled on the GSXR for *sport* touring duties...trunk, higher bars, lower pegs, etc.

--G