Pillion Unhappy with Vibration Through Seat (2016)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The winter fuel thought hadn't occurred to me, but I've run both the usual ethanol blend and pricey ethanol-free stuff through it and hadn't noticed any difference.

Those floorboards look nice and they're certainly affordable. I'll discuss with SWMBO.

As i recall i bought this up when i sold my 05 and bought the 14. A definate buzz in the pillion footpegs and still buzzing away after 40 thou Km's. Forget the seat...it won't do jack. My Laam didn't change a thing. great seat i must add.

If you want to feel the buzz, drop the rear pegs at 3500rpm's and put your feet on them.

Gazza

My 04 was pretty good but a little buzzy. Then when I got my 08, I noticed much more vibes at the same RPM. Now I have a 2012 and by far the smoothest of the lot. There have been discussions on here about all FJRs seem to be just a little different mechanically. I think it's a factory thing. Maybe the balancers?

GP

You might try retorqueing the engine mount bolts (in the proper order). Some people who added crash bars without the proper torque sequence experienced increased vibration....just a thought......ff

Thanks again for the ideas. Have doubts about their efficacy, but have ordered the passenger floorboards. Haven't added crash bars, but may give the engine mount bolts a once-over.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday in the foothills west of Denver. There were a gazillion fat-tired, fender-deleted, Yoshimura-exhausted sportbikes out. I loaded up the wife and we went for a, ahem, brisk 70-mile ride down one of the area's great sportbike roads from Pine Junction through Deckers and on to Woodland Park for lunch. Lots of twisties, lots of elevation changes... what a delightful bike the FJR is in this setting! It was great fun hangin' with the Alpinestars crowd.

punk.gif

I have a set of Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pads on the front and back seat. They are wonderful! Soft, thick, warm in winter and cool in summer. Highly recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife used to complain about the seat being uncomfortable. I salvaged an air bag from a car and mounted it under her seat placed a switch within her reach. I explained to her that if she got too uncomfortable simply press the switch. I have not heard any mention of discomfort since. Lol

Ride safe everyone.

I have a set of Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pads on the front and back seat. They are wonderful! Soft, thick, warm in winter and cool in summer. Highly recommended!
I've got one on my seat but took the wifes off after one day. She liked it but everytime I stopped she slid into me.