Pirates Lair Stealth Backrest ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about Pirates Lair, but Premier Cycle Accessories has a nice one. Garauld here on the Forum also sells a very nice one. Honestly, I'd go Garauld, PCA, and then PL.

Bought the backrest last year. Pricey but worth it for both passenger and anchoring rear luggage.

I have the pirates lair backrest, my son and wife love it. I got it second hand on this forum for less than half price of new. There is one for sale now the poster just reduced the price.

I had one on my 08 model. It's very well made with a nicely designed tail bracket with quick detach. The padding is really good and the exterior fabric matches the stock seat almost perfectly. So as far as functionality goes, I don't' know how you beat it.

The only downside is the price. It's just too dang expensive and I would likely look at other options before I pulled the PL trigger. At the end of the day you may come back to PL, but look around first.

I also considered it after reading good reviews about it, but ended up buying a Shad top case with a back rest.

Similar look when it's off, convenient additional storage for when we're two and about the same price with model-specific mounting Kit.

But I almost bought it. It was back-order last year when I was shopping.

...Ben...

I picked one up used because the wife said she was not comfortable not having one back there. She loves it. It is easy to install and remove and looks nice.