Pirelli Angel ST Tires Available

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that Pirelli has an 'E' spec rear for this series as well which is for ST bikes weighing >530 pounds - that's everyone in the class.

Also, there's about to be a promotion of some sort. It may be as simple as a T-Shirt with a purchase like they have now with the Night Dragon tires, or maybe they'll do what they did when the Stradas came out . . . Buy a rear and get the front for free . . . no details on the web site yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set coming in the shop tomorrow (Sept4th) for my 07 AE. I've got a trip planned from Hartford CT down to San Antonio TX on the 12th and will be taking my tread depth gage with me. I'll keep track of the wear factor down as most of this trip will be superslab riding. 1980+ miles in 3 days if all goes well. :yahoo: More info and pics to follow.

Those are the guys I got mine from...mine were actually $245 shipped to Mass. Can't beat that with stick.

I have a set coming in the shop tomorrow (Sept4th) for my 07 AE. I've got a trip planned from Hartford CT down to San Antonio TX on the 12th and will be taking my tread depth gage with me. I'll keep track of the wear factor down as most of this trip will be superslab riding. 1980+ miles in 3 days if all goes well. :yahoo: More info and pics to follow.
I'll be waiting for your report. Probably need tires by the end of riding season, so am looking for something that will last more than 4k without issues.

Real price is $257 for E spec shipped to Mineesota. Am seriously considering these as replacements for my worn PR2's.

Just mounted a set, with the E spec rear (truly a bitch to get mounted) and am heading to Montrose, CO on Saturday for a week long ~4k mile trip. Will post impressions when I return...

I have 1700 miles on a set of Angels that I had mounted the day before heading over to CFO last week. ($270 shipped from Motorcycle Superstore).

No complaints, they seem similar to the RoadSmarts and Diablo Strata's I have had in the past. 4K miles was all I could get out of the Diablo and RoadSmart rear before cords were showing. Will be interesting to see how these Angels hold up in comparison.

I have the Angel ST's and I love them so far...not to many miles on them yet...but no wobble or anything unusual...they look great and within one mile of leaving the shop I was on twisties and I had confidence in them right away...brand new they stuck better then the bridgestones on this particular street...now we will just have to see how many miles I will get out of them.

$80? Ouch.

Tha's why I learnt to mount me own, laddy. 'Cause I'm a cheap SOB.

;)

These very well could be the next tire I slap on'ta the Feejer. I am a Pirelli fan already.

Returned from my week long jaunt to CO (and unplanned weather-related deviation to UT and AZ) putting about 3500 miles on the Angel STs; I'm very pleased with them. More responsive than the PR2s and not as twitchy as the Conti Road Attacks, with no sign of cupping on the front and very slight flattening on the back. Excellent wet and dry grip; not a single memorable non-gravel related slip over some pretty twisty stuff (CO149, US191-Devil's Highway). Unless things change radically over the next (hopefully) few thousand miles, I think I've found my new favorite tires.

Made an appointment today for tires, mounted and balanced on bike for $199.99.

From what I read here that's a great price. That's in Grant, Florida.

Let post how i like them later.

:clapping: