Pleasant Surprises

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the invite. God alone knows if I'll get to take it up, but it's good to know there is an invitation. :)

Speaking of hearing a call from Acadia and Zydeco, I recommend chasing down a German movie "Schulze Gets the Blues". See the attached trailer.

Love it when signs show a phone number without an area code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of areas do it, particularly where one area code covers a very large area. Cell phones are an exception that, but then how often does a cell number wind up on a sign or billboard? Also keep in mind that Verizon isn't the only phone provider in the country. Some separate telco's have different rules. If someone calls from out of the area or out of state, the area code is available.

You're an idiot.

No area code means the locals don't feel a need for posting it. Like the state where I grew up that had only one area code until the 1990s.

Very different from urban areas where multiple area codes apply to one city, or for the younger generation that carry a cell phone with an area code located 500 miles from where they live.

We still only have one area code here....
So I was not surprised to see seven-digit phone numbers on signs and work vehicles as I found my way to Atlanta, DE, and over the bridge to Annapolis. Supports my statement that, "Locals don't feel a need for posting area codes."

Lucky are they who have escaped the expanding urbanity of North America in the 21st Century. You are truly the lucky ones!

No area code means the locals don't feel a need for posting it. Like the state where I grew up that had only one area code until the 1990s.
We still only have one area code here....
I forgot about that. I wonder how long 302 can hold out before (ugh!) another area code is needed. (As in: 301 splits into 410/301 - I still can't keep straight who in eastern MD has which area code)

That was great, thanks for sharing another of your adventures.
smile.png

Pants I hope you are keeping all these stories for a coffee table book. I see a best seller on the horizon. In 20 yrs ill be asking my grand kids to read me a story from it to bring back the great memories of traveling the country on 2 wheels.

You are too kind, sir. Yes, I am keeping these stories and photos on file and am actually thinking about writing something after I retire, which is not too far away. In the meantime, I'm practicing with you and honing my skills.

The point of the journey is not to arrive!

worth a listen (with lyrics provided)
Outstanding report, again, Pants. Thanks for sharing and keep your phone on, I'm itching to get away. Early March if the weather cooperates, maybe a RTE at The Camp one Saturday?

Have y'all noticed? Pants has lots to spew on about when riding solo. Then, meets his best buds, nothing. We just rode home. Whiskey, tango, foxtrot!

Am I that boring?

Don't answer that.