Please Be Careful

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a horrible video to watch;felt like I was at the scene;too bad for all involved in the crash. Flat area with an intersection far out in the countryside;never heard a siren responding in the background.

That is to bad! Pain and suffering of any kind is never easy to bare.

Looks like he was going over 100 to do that to the car? I wonder how the laws In Europe differ from ours here?

Yea, wow.

So, you're cruising along, and come up on that scene, say right after the accident, you're 2nd or 3rd person. What do you do (after/while calling 911)?

From my perspective, I'm very curious to know the reactions of others who see this. I have seen so much of this stuff in person that I am now indifferent/sick/damaged to the sight of it, yet I can still feel a pang of injury to my psyche each time. I have recently become interested in learning about PTSD, mostly out of necessity. So does anybody find the scene depicted in this video to be extremely disturbing? From what I understand, that would mean you are normal.

Yea, wow. 
So, you're cruising along, and come up on that scene, say right after the accident, you're 2nd or 3rd person.  What do you do (after/while calling 911)?
Looked like they were both unconscious...Depending on which side you came from Motorcyclist (M/C) side obviously DRABC...Place MC on Side controlling head and neck(lateral position & clear Airway, move onto Car Patient (C/P) DRABC (turn off car ignition) looked like she was still alive? so Control head and neck and any obvious bleeding and use bystanders to do this tell them to give you a hoy if any thing changes like stops breathing or becomes noisy, bleeding starts etc, go back to M/C looked like he needed CPR (he looked a bit cyanosed) so remove helmet and commence CPR/EAR what ever is needed, use bystanders to assist. Now the M/C might be stuffed but you just never know so don't give up until to local boys arrive with all the flash gear and take over. Plenty of bystanders around so get them to help for traffice direction, med supplies from other cars etc, blankets any thing to keep them busy. Bystanders like to help in the main so use them.

If you don't know how to take a helmet off someone go and learn it's a very handy skill to have and it's not hard ,one person controlling the head and neck the other removes the helmet Fullface) by undoing the chin strap, flexing the sides of the helmet out, get your fingers up in there and pull the helmet backwards as you start to rotate it away from the patient's head. Just think of how you take off your helmet, you may need to lift the patient's head off the deck slightly to make it easier to remove, never let go of the head always control it. And remember what ever happens...80% of something is better than 100% of nothing and if the patient does not have a clear and patent airway the patient WILL die.

Primary assessments only takes a short time 15 to 30 sec tops when triaging depending on how many patients you have, for both patients, do some basic first aid then if you have time a secondary survey and continue to re-assess.

Easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
From my perspective, I'm very curious to know the reactions of others who see this. I have seen so much of this stuff in person that I am now indifferent/sick/damaged to the sight of it, yet I can still feel a pang of injury to my psyche each time. I have recently become interested in learning about PTSD, mostly out of necessity. So does anybody find the scene depicted in this video to be extremely disturbing? From what I understand, that would mean you are normal.
Takes me right back to when I was on the road...no kids involved so I didn't become anxious, but did go into the thought processes of what needed to be done right down to the last detail :D

From everyones description I didn't want to view the video at first. Then, curiosity got the best of me so I did. I must tell you I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel so sad for the loved ones of that biker, and the rest involved in the accident.

Does it appear to everyone that the car was turning left and the bike hit the front right quarter panel of the car?

From everyones description I didn't want to view the video at first. Then, curiosity got the best of me so I did. I must tell you I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel so sad for the loved ones of that biker, and the rest involved in the accident.
Does it appear to everyone that the car was turning left and the bike hit the front right quarter panel of the car?
That was my take on it. If you look close, you can see the bike's front wheel buried in the car's right front wheel well.

I too have to deal with this stuff on a daily basis. It's always hard. It's kind of why I get a little offended when folks start bad mouthing the police about enforcement. That's not said to start any flame war or make anyone angry, it's just my opinion.

Rick