Port Dover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been unusually cool up here so this could take a while MM2....frozen fingers & all..... :huh: ....

I might have to wait until it gets closer to the day.

Don't like riding in the snow and rain for the day.

I don't just live around the corner but have been known to ride a few klicks to get somewhere.

So......how many if any are planning to go to Friday 13th in Dover this October?....
Dover, England?
No...... Port Dover, Ontario on Lake Erie (though it was named after the Cliffs of Dover in England).....so saddle up you fjr & come on up....last year this quaint little town went from 5,000 to 110,000 population for the day.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to wait til closer to the date. I'm already 1 week over on my holidays, so it will depend on how busy we are at work.

For those that don't know what we're talking about.........

Friday 13 Port Dover

If I can make it I'll let you know at the beginning of the week. It would be cool if a bunch of FJR owners could get together.

Moosehead....I think that would be a 1st.....Canadian FJR owners getting together in Canada for any type of Canadian event....the last get together were the group out west to ride down to WFO....I wonder if this will happen?....If anyone needs a place to stay over....a buddy of mine has offered his place (he lives in Dover)....& it's free....(his place is right off the main drag)

Hmmmmmm this is getting interesting!

Come on Mark... If I can ride your way you can ride my way... :D (j/k)

This sounds like I might have to get to this....

That is if we are going to call it a Central Canadian Owners Meeting (CCOM)

I will have to wait til closer to the date. I'm already 1 week over on my holidays, so it will depend on how busy we are at work.
For those that don't know what we're talking about.........

Friday 13 Port Dover

If I can make it I'll let you know at the beginning of the week. It would be cool if a bunch of FJR owners could get together.
link does not work but a quick web search indicates that a bunch of bikes turn up regardless of the weather.

I might be up for it, about a 7 hour run depending on the Toronto traffic.

Chris

It has changed a lot over the years. Usually shear chaos there now.

It clogs the whole place up.

Ok, The boss says I can take tomorrow off but the weather gods seem to be against us.

IMGP0035-1.jpg

If there's no snow actually on the ground I'm gonna go. Leaving from Kitchener around 8am with a Harley buddy so, because of the weather and the HD, the pace will be less than sprited. Let me know if there are any of you crazy enough to go.

Ok, The boss says I can take tomorrow off but the weather gods seem to be against us.
IMGP0035-1.jpg

If there's no snow actually on the ground I'm gonna go. Leaving from Kitchener around 8am with a Harley buddy so, because of the weather and the HD, the pace will be less than sprited. Let me know if there are any of you crazy enough to go.
Holy snow, Batman! Aren't ya'll supposed to head south this time of year or something? Yikes.

Be careful out there. Enjoy your, uhhh, ride. :)

Good luck on your trip

I am going to pass... threw my back on monday of this week and it still isn't 100% Don't need to ride in the cold that bad.

Port Dover update thurs night...10:30 pm....a surprizing no of motorhomes, campers, & trailers.....temp....about 30F....thats below freezing kids.....roads very wet & slippery....if anyone like moosehead is coming into Dover you can call my cell @ 416-402-2456....it won't be turned off for the next 24 hours.....ride safe people....Mike

Oh ya....I know no one asked but for 07, there are 2 Friday the 13th's.....one in April...& another in July....just a heads up.....ride safe.....Mike

Good luck Mike.

I see you guys in Ontario are getting a bit of a fall cold snap. Rides are fun , but not worth getting hurt over. Out here in Nova Scotia, a bunch of us are heading down to a small towm where they like bikes and are planning a fall piss-up. Rooms are booked and the gals are puurty :D The owner of the main bar in town is a bike nut and wants as many bikes to come as possible. Should be a hoot and I'll try to avoid the coleslaw.

What ever you do .. Ride safe.

From my place to Port Dover Streets and Trips says 134 miles @ 2 hours 51 minutes
From my place: Distance: 2601.6 miles Approximate Travel Time: 41 hours 21 mins
I get off work 10/13 @ 0800 PDT. I could be there by sometime Sunday morning, if I hurry. Skooter couldn't even do it, IF he wasn't busted up from his last outing.

Oh wait, I have to walk precincts this weekend. Never mind.

If anyone needs a place to stay over....a buddy of mine has offered his place (he lives in Dover)....& it's free....(his place is right off the main drag)
Ah, that's rich Mike. "If you need a place to stay, don't come to my house". :lol:

I dunno, Mikey. While I'm not "big" on events I'm even less so with er, uhm, inclement weather. Did'ja bring your skis? You extreme North Americans are a dedicated bunch, eh!

Did I hear a forecast for sunny skies on Sunday? Prolly not. I betch'a that was the 6" of snow I heard on the news. Yeah, baby, youse is a motorcycling madman.