power command

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing a Power Command for my 05. Do I simply plug it in for performance improvements. Or do I have to go through programming it as well. I realize I can do custom maps. But can I just plug it in first without any programming for performance gains to see if I like that first. And what real improvements will I really get by just plugging it in.

It should come preloaded with a map for your bike. You will need to calibrate teh thottle position snesor with the PCIII which will require plugging a computer into it so the PCIII knows what resistance correlates to a closed throttle. If you skip that step it may affect the performance. It only takes a minute to do.

I am planning on purchasing a Power Command for my 05. Do I simply plug it in for performance improvements. Or do I have to go through programming it as well. I realize I can do custom maps. But can I just plug it in first without any programming for performance gains to see if I like that first. And what real improvements will I really get by just plugging it in.

Hi

My Fjr 2008 has a pc5, what map did you use in your, I just want a smooth bike

Göran

Finland

Last edited by a moderator: