Power Commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longrider

Reaction score
Some news from California. Unfortunately many States follow California's practices regarding pollution control and enforcement.

From ABATE:

"I know people that ride (or OWN) Harleys would NEVER modify their bikes against the wishes of their Gov't...and I know the dealers or the aftermarket shops NEVER modify bikes in a manner which might be illegal...but I know those are good caring, knowledgeable and ACTIVE folks - who would most certainly get outraged and MOBILIZE against their OWN Gov't - if something this stoopid were to "be allowed" to happen...so I dunno how this happened....it must not be a true story...surely, somebody is making all this up, right?

Suggestions?

How could this be possible?

~splatt

(yes, I'm being facetious...wondering why I'm out standing in this field, all alone. No help from the magazines. No help from the industry. No help from the factory sponsored riding groups. No help from RIDERS, who have the most to gain in earning themselves a 700 pound paperweight for their garage. First they came for the three wheelers....but I did nothing, I didn't OWN a three wheeler)

DYNOJET RESEARCH, INC. CASE SETTLES FOR $1,000,000

The Mobile Source Enforcement Section along with the Office of Legal Affairs has completed its investigation against Dynojet Research, Inc. located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dynojet was manufacturing an after market part called the "Power Commander" that would alter the air-fuel mixture and the timing on off and on road motor vehicles. By installing the Power Commander this would alter or modify the original design of the motor vehicle and would affect the emission control systems that were certified by the manufacture through ARB. As part of the settlement it was agreed between both parties that Dynojet would not violate the Health and Safety Code with respect to the installation, sale, offer for sale or advertising of any device in California intended for use with, or as part of, any required motor vehicle pollution control device or system which alters or modifies the original design or performance of any such motor vehicle pollution control device or system. Dynojet has now certified a California version of the Power Commander that is legal for sale and use on California motor vehicles. Dynojet also paid penalties in the amount of $1,000,000 to the California Air Pollution Control Fund as part of the settlement."

Longrider

Status
Not open for further replies.