Powerport for GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
Looking to install a waterproof (cap) female cigarette lighter near the upper triple tree for GPS power. Anybody here have or know of something like that?

Something like this, but purchased in the US

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me get this straight, you want to install a cig. power port on your bike instead of using the one already installed in the glove box. :dribble: One has to wonder why.

Mac

Looking to install a waterproof (cap) female cigarette lighter near the upper triple tree for GPS power. Anybody here have or know of something like that?
Something like this, but purchased in the US
Bought one very similar to this one in the boat accessories section at Walmart for about $6. I mainly use it to plug in my battery tender but also in case I need to use my air pump to fix a flat.

DSCN0984.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me get this straight, you want to install a cig. power port on your bike instead of using the one already installed in the glove box. :dribble: One has to wonder why.
Mac
Looks like he owns a Gen I...no power outlet in the box.

I picked a waterproof one at an automotive store, can't remember which one but they're available.

Mac

Gen. I's don't have one in the glove box.