Anyone using Garauld TechWorks LLC Highway Pegs with R-Gaza (non-Police) engine guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdclaiborne

2013 Yamaha FJR1300A, 1999 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if Garauld's Highway brackets/pegs would be compatible with the R-Gaza engine guards. I've purchased the R-Gaza guards, but have not installed yet. I've seen postings and pics of Garauld's brackets/pegs used with the T-Rex guards. From the pics I've found of both R-Gaza guards and Garauld pegs seperately, I think they would work. I sent e-mail and got an immediate response from Gary/Garauld (what a great guy) and he asked for "straight on" pics so he could help me determine if they will work together. I like both the look and the location of his solution better than any clamp on or welded on pegs. Let me know what you know.

Attachments

• Other Left.jpg
    Other Left.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Other RIght.jpg
    Other RIght.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Rivco_Left.jpg
    Rivco_Left.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Rivco_Right.jpg
    Rivco_Right.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
BTW, Garauld tells me they aren't compatible. No argument, but I need to mount the R-Gaza guards and take some better pics and measurements. Damn, I really like those hiway pegs! lol

Not sure what the R-Gaza guards look like but you might be able to use these. Motowerk highway mounts and Rivco Anti-Vibe pegs. I picked these up used and mounted them to the T-Rex guards on my 2016ES. They're extremely adjustable and very sturdy. I can stand on them without causing any flex (only done with the bike stationary).

I had the Garauld pegs on my 2009 but that bike did not have any engine guard/cage installed. They seemed not to stick out far enough to keep me from getting pretty bruised up from the faring rubbing against my inner calves. The Motowerk/Rivco combo aren't perfect either, but they're closer than the Garauld were.

Attachments

• Moto Werk HwyMounts+RivcoAntiVibePegs_02.jpg
    Moto Werk HwyMounts+RivcoAntiVibePegs_02.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MotoWerk HwyMounts+RivcoAntiVibePegs_01.jpg
    MotoWerk HwyMounts+RivcoAntiVibePegs_01.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MotoWerkMountsOnT-RexCanyonCage+RivcoAntiVibePegs.JPG
    MotoWerkMountsOnT-RexCanyonCage+RivcoAntiVibePegs.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 0
Not sure what the R-Gaza guards look like but you might be able to use these. Motowerk highway mounts and Rivco Anti-Vibe pegs. I picked these up used and mounted them to the T-Rex guards on my 2016ES. They're extremely adjustable and very sturdy. I can stand on them without causing any flex (only done with the bike stationary).

I had the Garauld pegs on my 2009 but that bike did not have any engine guard/cage installed. They seemed not to stick out far enough to keep me from getting pretty bruised up from the faring rubbing against my inner calves. The Motowerk/Rivco combo aren't perfect either, but they're closer than the Garauld were.
Thanks vzhq, I'll check those out. After installing the R-Gaza guards, my concern now, as you mentioned, is that Gary's Garauld pegs might not extend out far enough below the R-Gaza engine guards.

I mounted the Rivco pegs like this so that I can rest my heel on the bumper when in the "extended" leg position:

View attachment 6354
That looks pretty clean RedRider. I like the Rivco pegs best no matter what I do. I'll take a look. Did the pegs come with those mounting brakets and do the bracket clamps lock down tight enough so that they don't rotate or move?

That looks pretty clean RedRider. I like the Rivco pegs best no matter what I do. I'll take a look. Did the pegs come with those mounting brakets and do the bracket clamps lock down tight enough so that they don't rotate or move?
I used these clamps to install the Rivco pegs: Kuryakyn Magnum Quick Clamps, 1", Gloss Black
They were too large, so I shimmed them with some industrial strength double-stick tape.
They tended to slip, so I drilled a hole on the outboard side of the clamp and added a short
bolt that went into the corresponding tapped hole in the crash bar. So far, they are holding
solidly.

1706729297760.png

Thanks sir. At 6'1" I'm going to defer after a few hours in the saddle. I will try using the R-Gaza slider pucks as temporary foot rests when I just need a few minutes and keep looking into alternatives, yours being one I like asthetically.