Premarket Movers: Harley-Davidson Stalls

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie@Tulsa

Reaction score
From finance news:

"Shares of Harley-Davidson Inc. fell in premarket trading Friday after the iconic motorcycle maker said it will earn less this year than in 2006, because consumers are having a "difficult time."

The Milwaukee company said its full-year profit will come in 4 percent to 6 percent below last year's results, a forecast that came in below Wall Street expectations"

I guess highly leveraged Harley buyers are declining..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a case of a saturated market IMO with HD for the last several years and now the economy has taken a turn for the worst and they're just keep their stockholders up to date. The sales for HD are even though still awesome. Their clothing line is whats phenominal sales wise and has been for many years. Wish I had bought some of their stock a long time ago. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to disagree with you painman about saturation. Economy in general is soft and getting softer. One reason is the upcoming *Censored per forum guidelines* in November of next year. That said, sales of motorcycles are off across the board. Some say that the recent puking in the sub-prime lending market is also to blame and I agree with that, too:

Harley’s not alone. The California-based Motorcycle Industry Council reports that US motorcycle sales are down for the first time in more than 10 years. Compared to the first half of 2006, motorcycle sales are down 7%.
Linkage.

Have to disagree with you painman about saturation. Economy in general is soft and getting softer. One reason is the upcoming *Censored per forum guidelines* in November of next year. That said, sales of motorcycles are off across the board. Some say that the recent puking in the sub-prime lending market is also to blame and I agree with that, too:

Harley’s not alone. The California-based Motorcycle Industry Council reports that US motorcycle sales are down for the first time in more than 10 years. Compared to the first half of 2006, motorcycle sales are down 7%.
Look, I did my part. I broke mine and bought two more. What the hell are ya'll doing except whinning and speculating? Now, get your bilfold out and let's fix this economy.

Gunny to TWN. Folks that had a nice shiney new house with an ARM 5 years ago could also consider splurging on a yuppie status symbol HD in the driveway. Now that folks are out on their butts because their rate went through the roof, who has $$$ to plunk down on a bike? Answer: those who used to get teased for picking "traditional" fixed rate loans when they bought (or refi-ed at near the lowest rate point) or those of us who dwell in other fixed-expense situations like apartments. It is quite nice for we renters right now, because with the GLUT of bank repos out there and with people who bought second properties with ARMS or interest-only loans now in a pinch, they're harder pressed to rent out their extra holdings to make ends meet. My one-year lease is about to expire on the pricey place I had to pick up in a hurry when I moved here last year, and the prices I'm seeing haven't been this good all year!

Look, I did my part. I broke mine and bought two more. What the hell are ya'll doing except whinning and speculating? Now, get your bilfold out and let's fix this economy.
I'm restoring 'em as fast as I can... :blink: