Price for 07 FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpfetz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been reading all the forum posts hoping to soon be able to join you in ownership of an FJR. I really like the 07 Black Cherry better than the Black 08 even though I understand that the 08 has several improvements. I live in Peoria, AZ and there are no 07's in the state as far as I know. Several dealers in CA have them and I have been exchanging calls and e-mails with them. Part of the problem is I want to trade in my 06 H-D Night Rod but they won't even give me wholesale for it. The other problem is they are quoting me an OTD price on an 07 of $12,750 which seems high to me. I've seen other dealers quoting that price for 08's. I'd appreciate your opinions on whether that price is too high and what you think is a reasonable OTD price for an 07. I'll probably try to sell the H-D myself, retail is 12,990 so I'll probably ask about 12, 000. I hope to go on the ride Jan. 1 meeting at Apache Junction so I can meet some of you.

Pete

kpfetz :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
$12,750 OTD is a good price, actually that's what i paid for my 07 in June 2007 after checking with all the available dealers in my area. If i were you i'd wait a few weeks given that it's Dec 31. As you may be able to get the 07 cheaper on once it's officially 2008.

Having said that however, IMHO it's a mistake to miss out on the number of important improvements in the FJR's R&D just for a color.

Another post mentioned that CA dealers charge tax, title, registration fees no matter what state you reside in. If that's the case 12.7k OTD is a good price. Consider D&H in AL is 11.9k OTD but you still have to pay TTL when you get home.

Good luck finding a dealer that'll pay wholesale on your 06 in today's economy. You might get close if it's the "D" model since those are a little more rare.

See you tomorrow. :)

I'm a cheap SOB so I wouldn't go higher than somewhere between 11k-12k for an 07. Just a quicky search on Cycletrader.com showed a 07 in CA for 12,200 OTD so I know you can do better than your current offer. Also, go to Google and enter, "site:craigslist.org fjr1300 2007" without the quotes. You can find very low mileage 07s for under 11k. Yes, sell the HD yourself. Even if you bargain price it to move fast you'll come out better than on a trade in.

Hi Lee,

I just picked up a 2007 left over at Colorado Power Sports here in Denver. They had one left on Saturday. A big Yellow lab hit me on the left side of the front wheel and totaled out my 2005. They were real nice folks to deal with. They had three a couple of weeks ago. Good luck on your search.

Ken.

Lee:

Why are you selling the Night Rod? Is that the blacked-out version of the V-Rod or Street Rod?

Lee:
Why are you selling the Night Rod? Is that the blacked-out version of the V-Rod or Street Rod?
Hi MKO,

I'm selling the Night Rod so that I can get the FJR, ideally it would be nice to keep both but I already have 4 motorcycles in the garage. It has the blacked out engine but the bike is burgundy. Main difference between mine and the V-Rod is that mine has mid-controls. I really like it but I like the FJR better

Pete

[email protected]

Yeah, if you want to go that far the place I bought my 08 (RMC) still had 3 07's left over...one on the floor and 2 in the crate. We had settled on $11,700 +TTL until I got the 08 bug. That was a few weeks ago, but I would imagine that they still have at least one of them. Course, that is long way from AZ...

Hi Guys,I've been reading all the forum posts hoping to soon be able to join you in ownership of an FJR. I really like the 07 Black Cherry better than the Black 08 even though I understand that the 08 has several improvements. I live in Peoria, AZ and there are no 07's in the state as far as I know. Several dealers in CA have them and I have been exchanging calls and e-mails with them. Part of the problem is I want to trade in my 06 H-D Night Rod but they won't even give me wholesale for it. The other problem is they are quoting me an OTD price on an 07 of $12,750 which seems high to me. I've seen other dealers quoting that price for 08's. I'd appreciate your opinions on whether that price is too high and what you think is a reasonable OTD price for an 07. I'll probably try to sell the H-D myself, retail is 12,990 so I'll probably ask about 12, 000. I hope to go on the ride Jan. 1 meeting at Apache Junction so I can meet some of you.

Pete

kpfetz :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like a good price to me. Could you break out the charges for the OTD price? That would really help. What's an OTD price on the '08? If it were me I'd negotiate the 08 price with another dealer and back my way into what I think is fair for an 07. Have you checked '07 prices on ebay and cycletrader?

Why the move? I'm curious because I had an 08 H-D night rod on order and I drove out with a used 06 v-rod (I had negotiated a deal so I could trade it back at the same price when I picked up the 08 night rod or I could keep the used one - - which was a good price), had the v-rod for a few days and decided I wanted the FJR, canceled the 08 night rod and traded the used v-rod in on an 07 FJR at the price I paid (Harley/Yamaha dealer - - go figure). Funny thing, the whole time I was riding the v-rod I doubted my decision. Driving the FJR I was all grins (particularly since the FJR was cheaper than the HD). I paid more for the FJR than I should, but in a way it was a "rental fee" for driving the v-rod.

It was fun, I got slightly screwed, but hey I know- - I'm crazy.

Later.

OTD Motorsports in Los Angeles has the 07 for $12,299 Out the Door (all fees/taxes included). Just a heads up!

Later...

Last edited by a moderator: