• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

R&G Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaBoy

Reaction score
R&G Racing Mushrooms or Crash Protector - Classic Style for 2003-2005 FJR1300.

Anyone have a set of these laying around? Used OK as long as the bolt has never been bent or the Slider actually slidered. Replacing the right side that actually did get ground in half!! :)

Dean Tanji

[email protected]

Sorry man, a few new sets were put on flea bay in the past few weeks. Brand new old stock they were getting rid of cheap for the GEN I. keep an eye out... I was watching for some GEN II's to replace the one that sacrificed itself for me.

If you decide on new these guys have them:

EMA

I had sent an e-mail to the R&G web site and got a response back from them. They basically said to check the Partners section to see where I might be able to order their parts from. I called a shop in the San Antonio area where I live and got the price of approx. 110.00. I thought that this was better than other sites that listed them at 200.00. I too saw the sliders on ebay for about 75.00 like Shiny parts.

Try this link to see if you can find a shop near to you :

https://www.rg-racing.com//partners/?page=1...partnertypeid=0

R&G Racing Mushrooms or Crash Protector - Classic Style for 2003-2005 FJR1300.
Anyone have a set of these laying around? Used OK as long as the bolt has never been bent or the Slider actually slidered. Replacing the right side that actually did get ground in half!! :)

Dean Tanji

[email protected]

fng my butt - more like fog

I may have some at home - will advise.

Do the sliders keep it off the mirrors?
Not in my case. Bike slide down the freeway on right side. Rode on right saddlebag (cover works but badly gouged up, right frame slider (bent at 90 degrees and 1/3 of the puck ground off), and right PHID mount (PHID destroyed, mount 1/4" ground off one corner, bent but was able to straighten and use again). Right mirror broke off at swivel. Small contact area on mirror plastic frame.

Right side body plastic only had 2 small scratches on it.

Mine slid out from under me and landed hard on the left side. Some pics are on my sig. line. Right bag rashed a bit. The puck got smushed but the bolt held and the left mirror came off at the swivel. A few minor scratches right on the edge of the left upper fairing on the edge near the glove box. No major damage other than the mirror. Rode it home.

Last year I dropped it fully loaded for camping and a trip onto the right side. Two TINY scratches on the right bag, a little scratching on the bottom of the right puck. No other damage at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Thanks to all who provided info on old style 03-05 R&G Frame Sliders.

I did get a new set from someone on this list. :yahoo:

NinjaBoy