Radiator Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
Just got my radiator guard today and have put it on the bike, looks good hope to save the fins.

rogerfjrfaster :D

45,000 miles and you're just now getting 'round to puttin' one on? Name change time... RogerFJRSlower :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy5

I gotit from one of the board members.

John [email protected] 60.00 shipped blue or black you can see the color blue on on the ez board. easy to mount behind the horns while doing it noticed one horn was touching plastic so cut it out so its free. Now should be louder :clap:

rogerfjrfaster :D

I just put one of John's guards on. It's nothing terribly fancy, but it is well made, fits easily, and looks like it will do the job without significantly restricting airflow. The black one is essentially unnoticeable. Recommended.

- Mark

https://www.bikejohnny.com/cgi-bin/store/BK...amaha%3BFJR1300
Sorry , don't know how to do the cute little " clicky here " thing.

Stainless steel for the ultimate protection. B)
Highlander,

I looked at those radiator guards and thought "Yeah, those might work in England with their cool weather, but they might be too restrictive for the 100+ days that we get in Sacramento."

How has your experience with them been?

Could someone help me out and give me the overall dimensions of their after market guard. I would like to try my hand at building one for myself.

https://www.bikejohnny.com/cgi-bin/store/BK...amaha%3BFJR1300
Sorry , don't know how to do the cute little " clicky here " thing.

Stainless steel for the ultimate protection.  B)
Highlander,

I looked at those radiator guards and thought "Yeah, those might work in England with their cool weather, but they might be too restrictive for the 100+ days that we get in Sacramento."

How has your experience with them been?
It runs the same temp as before, no increase in the fan usage at all. It's pretty hot down in Silly Valley too :D It made no increase in bike temperature, still 4 bars on slow in town / slow commute traffic, never seen 5 bars.

Sorry snowmonkey .. it dark out there.. :ph34r: can't help ya tonight!

I've got the BJ version and also the ebay one

Have used both for a summer each and despite the appearances being markedly different, I conclude there's no difference in terms of affect on temp

As the BJ version is smarter, and will allow less crud thru, I'll be going with that

Paul

01 fjr

uk

Hi Roger,

Did you get two or four rubber pieces ??

When you say you mounted it behind the horns, you mean between the horns and their mounting brackets or between the mounting brackets and the radiator ??

I just received mine and want to install it right.

Thanks