Raise the height of passenger footpegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevet

Reaction score
Hello All,

Haven't bought it yet, but on Saturday afternoon I took my wife to a local shop to view the '07 FJR.

She's only 5' tall, leg length proportionate to overall height (i.e. she's not all legs, not taller in upper body eiither). On my current ride (Moto Guzzi California) I had to use an aftermarket set of floorboards (not a name brand part) for the passenger position to make it better for her, but it's still not good enough for anything over about 50 miles for her. When she test sat the passenger position on the FJR, she said the positioning was nearly identical to the modified Guzzi, which means I would need to do something to get the passenger pegs up and back more for her to be comfy.

(How ironic, because the marketing for the '06-07 FJR claims the passenger rests are down, out, and forward from previous years, they were probably right where she would have needed them to be.)

I've searched the archives, and only come up with options for moving the rear pegs farther away from the seat, for longer legged passengers, nothing about moving them up and back.

Any ideas or places to look to?

Thanks,

Steve.

(How ironic, because the marketing for the '06-07 FJR claims the passenger rests are down, out, and forward from previous years, they were probably right where she would have needed them to be.)
Maybe look at an '05 or earlier.....where they were farther back.

Maybe look at an '05 or earlier.....where they were farther back.
Nah, only new for me. I don't like the gamble of what someone else may have done to a used vehicle of any kind.

Steve.

Steve, you might try this link to a story about floorboards. While this owner lowered the pegs, you might be able to put a spacer "under" them and mount them "backwards" so they would be closer to your wife's needs. You'd have to be careful about clearances when the footpegs are folded and make sure they'd clear the sidecases.

At least its a direction to pursue. Maybe you could PM Knifemaker to ask what they though about the idea since he has "hands-on" experience as the maker of the goods. Good luck.