RAM Mount Universal X-Grip Mobile Phone Cradle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Great product

I believe he sells in two sizes, what you see is the short mount.

Yes The short is perfect IMO - the 5" unit.... Short Ram Arm and Xgrip, super nice combo.

I got a nice rubber case and the rubber on the spring loaded fingers of the Xgrip work great together. Spring tension is stronger then I thought it would be.

Not a hint of movement, even under heavy strain. :D

Can't say enough good things about the WynPro Products, great stuff.

+1 Great product

I believe he sells in two sizes, what you see is the short mount.
Yes The short is perfect IMO - the 5" unit.... Short Ram Arm and Xgrip, super nice combo.

I got a nice rubber case and the rubber on the spring loaded fingers of the Xgrip work great together. Spring tension is stronger then I thought it would be.

Not a hint of movement, even under heavy strain.
biggrin.gif

Can't say enough good things about the WynPro Products, great stuff.
Just opened my Bone, the quality/craftsmanship is first-rate.

What's your setup - Xgrip (with the ball on it) and Ram short arm RAM-B-201U-A?

Much better cell phone mount from Ram check it out, secure in all four directions no worry about losing the phone in an upset condition.

RAM Mounts Universal Spring Loaded Cell Phone Holder

I have been looking at many diff types but none give me the oh so secure feel...soo Im making my own right now out of aluminum and machining it up...will post pics and such in the next week. will be secure in every direction...nicely held in by a large thumb screw which will be easily removed with gloves on...pics to come

ok i may look at that Ram Mount Universal Spring Loaded Gadget Holder for Electronic Devices

I have been using an X-Grip for over 2 years and 40,000 miles. Never had the phone come loose even on some pretty rough gravel roads. It just does the job. It also works if the phone is in a case of some kind or for holding devices of different sizes. Pretty much a universal holder that works.

I've got two of these on my shelf... As my technology changes I don't have to change my mounts. Love these things, super stable.

a
FJRdash_zpsd5688228_en2_zps65f43a1a.jpg

Andy

I have been using an X-Grip for over 2 years and 40,000 miles. Never had the phone come loose even on some pretty rough gravel roads. It just does the job. It also works if the phone is in a case of some kind or for holding devices of different sizes. Pretty much a universal holder that works.
Unfortunately I crash tested by X-grip back in 2011 with a not-so-graceful high-side to a full face plant (luckily the helmet did its job). And there was my iPhone still firmly attached to the X-grip. And with the flexibility to hold onto different devices as time passes or your needs change (as Andy notes), I consider it an absolute no-brainer...

A word of caution with this mount. It will not work well to power anything with the plug in the center of the device. Such as the Garmin nuvi 3597LM.

It works great battery powered, but sadly, no room in the center for the plug. Even at a 90 angle.

I switched back to my nuvi 50.

Otherwise, as stated. A great piece! I have mine "hanging" on one of WynPro's Balls.... I mean Ram Ball Mounts!
blush2.gif

Unfortunately I crash tested by X-grip back in 2011 with a not-so-graceful high-side to a full face plant (luckily the helmet did its job). And there was my iPhone still firmly attached to the X-grip. And with the flexibility to hold onto different devices as time passes or your needs change (as Andy notes), I consider it an absolute no-brainer...
OK, so with this bit of info, looks like the X-grip wins.

How is yours mounted up? What size extension?

Sharif

If your device is bigger than a smart phone you may need the next size up for the X mount, I have a Note 2 phone and the regular X mount is too small. as far as extension arms it more of a personal preference.

I have 2 of them. One for my Galaxy S4 phone, and on long trips, I use a larger unit to hold my Nexus 7 tablet.

The phone one is super stable, but the Tablet one rotates (IE: think perfectly level horizontal view doesn't hold due to design of unit)

Both have held my phone and tablet through a 1400 mile ride last summer with zero issues, sans the tablet wanting to rotate a smidge. Fixed with very small bungie cord.

Otherwise, I don't have any issues recommending them. Never had overheating issues, even in August sun.