Rear View Camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaKappaZeta

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering purchasing a rear view camera setup. If I do so I would like to remove the mirrors altogether but can't find any sort of caps for the mount points on the fairing. Has anyone come across anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

D

flat screen tv for windshield should work
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
By law you have to have rearview mirrors, I would check your local laws before you choose to go without mirrors.

A coworker of mine does something along this line when he leads group rides. He mounts his Go Pro camera on his luggage rack-Harley owner- and uses the optional LCD back screen mounted to his inner fairing to be able to keep sight of the group behind him. As others have already noted in most states at least one mirror is required.

If I could be bothered to find the thread, I'd introduce you to the other guy on here who 2 or 3 years ago was looking for help building something to solve a problem no one had.... He wanted an electronic controller to raise and lower the windshield automatically according to road speed. You know, because that rocker switch was so god-damned hard to use. And of course knew more than the ignorant stupid rider about weather conditions, too, like up for rain protection, down because it's f-ing hot.

No, making it automatic or electronic is better, right? Has to be!!!

The reason there are no caps for the mount points on the fairings, is that (ready????) that's where the fucking mirrors go, and you have to have them!

If I could be bothered to find the thread, I'd introduce you to the other guy on here who 2 or 3 years ago was looking for help building something to solve a problem no one had.... He wanted an electronic controller to raise and lower the windshield automatically according to road speed. You know, because that rocker switch was so god-damned hard to use. And of course knew more than the ignorant stupid rider about weather conditions, too, like up for rain protection, down because it's f-ing hot.

The reason there are no caps for the mount points on the fairings, is that (ready????) that's where the fucking mirrors go, and you have to have them!
+1. While I'm all for innovation and making improvements, I would think long and hard about why every (stock) motorcycle sold has mirrors and what they might do for you other than 'cushioning' your bars in a parking lot drop.

They make after market block of plates (CF finish) for the Gen II FZ1, I know since one of my buddies has them because he's gone with the bar-end mirrors instead of the OEM mirrors hanging off the fairing. Since many folks here are using the FZ1 mirrors on their FJRs it stands to reason that these block off plates will work for you too.

I'd check around on some of these FZ1 Forums:

- https://www.fz1-forum.com

- https://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/index.php

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Wow...Walt is like a literary genius with a little bit of jackass thrown in for color.

Nice post and to the point. What is a rearview camera gonna do for you that mirrors don't??

In the daytime, that screen will be almost invisible, and at night it will be bright enough to ruin your night vision. Also note that the video is shot from a POV nowhere near the rider's!

And look..... the mirrors are still there.

There are way better things to spend the money on.

Last edited by a moderator: