Rear Wheel for an '08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a spare rear wheel setup for my '08 (so I can have my daily commute tire, and something else).

I'm looking to simply unbolt and remove one tire, and install other (so must be complete with brake disc, etc).

Is a rear wheel set up for an '06, 07 or 09 compatible with the '08. I've come across some that reference '06-07, so I'm thinking something changed for '08? Anyone know for sure?

I'm looking to get a spare rear wheel setup for my '08 (so I can have my daily commute tire, and something else).I'm looking to simply unbolt and remove one tire, and install other (so must be complete with brake disc, etc).

Is a rear wheel set up for an '06, 07 or 09 compatible with the '08. I've come across some that reference '06-07, so I'm thinking something changed for '08? Anyone know for sure?

All GenII wheels are interchangeable - only difference is color.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny because I remember reading (can't remember the thread name) that the 08+ wheels were different from 06-07 wheels.

That's funny because I remember reading (can't remember the thread name) that the 08+ wheels were different from 06-07 wheels.
FYI From Partshark.com Parts Fiche for the "A" model:

2006 - 5VS-W2533-00-P0 CAST WHEEL, REAR S8 $364 USD

2007 - 5VS-W2533-00-P0 CAST WHEEL, REAR S8 $364

2008 - 3P6-W2533-00-P0 CAST WHEEL, REAR S8 $407

2009 - 3P6-W2533-00-98 CAST WHEEL, REAR LGB $353

Must have found a cheaper supplier for the 09?

06/07 wheels are interchangeable. 08/09 wheels are as well. Ne'er the two shall meet.

Sorry kaitsdad, wrongo. The 08/09 wheels have a completely different ABS sensor ring. Found out the hard way, I did...

06/07 wheels are interchangeable. 08/09 wheels are as well. Ne'er the two shall meet.
Sorry kaitsdad, wrongo. The 08/09 wheels have a completely different ABS sensor ring. Found out the hard way, I did...
Ouch!! Sorry you found that out the hard way, but glad you shared with the collective. Good to know. I stand corrected !

Also sorry you found out the hard way. I'll get the matrix updated.

Are there any other differences between an '07 wheel and an '08 wheel other than the ABS sensor ring?

If that is the only difference, when changing a rear wheel how hard/easy would it be to move the ABS sensor ring from the wheel coming off to a different wheel going on (ie 2 wheels, only 1 ABS sensor ring)?

If that is the only difference, when changing a rear wheel how hard/easy would it be to move the ABS sensor ring from the wheel coming off to a different wheel going on (ie 2 wheels, only 1 ABS sensor ring)?
Only difference we know of. How hard...you tell us...you'd be the first to change it. Report back how it goes. ;)