Recalibration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
See-the bike I've spent the most time on over the last few weeks is a KTM RC390. I had decided to go small to accompany the Feejer. It needed the miles to get to the first service, so it gottem. Then it turned toaster-oven-hot, and nothing has been getting ridden. SWMBO and I were going to go up-altitude today, so I got the bigun ready to go, and ran to the ATM before departure. First thought (setting aside rolling it around the garage) was "dayum this thing sounds good." Second was "dang, this thing is BIG!" The third, as I dropped down the twisty section to the main highway was "Whoa, Nelly!" Just amazing the difference that 300 pounds and 80+ more HP makes. For reference, the RC is about 350# or a little less as I have 'er set up, and 44-45HP.

They both provide huge grins, but I need to spend more time on the big girl as we get closer to EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I occasionally ride my daughter's Ninja 300, and really enjoy the ability to miss an ant in the road. Not to mention, moving it around in the garage. Power wise, well, it's not fair to compare. Nor is stability in heavy winds.