Removal of broken bolts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belaswann

Reaction score
How removal of broken bolts is done and is there any company which can provide this service? If there is any then please refer it to me.

U-Tube demo

reasonably good write-up here.
Google is your friend, just try typing "easy out" you will be inundated :blink:

Good luck with it

Don

How removal of broken bolts is done and is there any company which can provide this service? If there is any then please refer it to me.
Can you give some more detail as to what you are trying to remove? i.e. bolt size, material of the bolt and whatever it is attached to, pictures...

It also depends on if the bolt is broken, or if the material receiving the bolt is broken. Different situations, there.

There's a lot of different ways to go about removing a broken bolt or screw, I deal with it all the time on aircraft. It basically comes down to how it broke off. An easy out works great, but so does a pair of vice grips if just the head snapped off and there's some shank left. Deep Creep can help with penetrating in and helping remove one that's got some corrosion on it. Heat in the form of a blow torch can help if it's in an area that sees lots of heat cycles.

Some more details would help determine the best approach to take with getting them out. But if you're not going to attempt it yourself then any reputable machine shop should be able to help you out for a reasonable fee. They're pretty used to dealing with stuck bolts on engines and with the various metal types that are used to assemble them.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Can you give some more detail as to what you are trying to remove? i.e. bolt size, material of the bolt and whatever it is attached to, pictures...
I want it on large scale for my firm which deals in maintenance of heavy duty machines and vehicles.

I want it on large scale for my firm which deals in maintenance of heavy duty machines and vehicles.

Hire a machinist.

Hire a machinist.
I also searching...

But want some help in finding!

Google "Xtractalloy". Greatest maintenance product 2nd only to Kroil for heavy machinery. I've used them on bolts from 3/8" upwards of 1 1/2"