Revelstoke putt & heads up.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Could not make the N. Cal big jam but consoled myself with an overniter up N.. Going up the Coq. was nice as was 5A from Merritt to Kamloops. From Kamloops E. was traffic and from Salmon Arm to Revelstoke was bad to terrible, usually an hour or more was over 2 hours, lots of it crawling along bumper to bumper as they say. The road signs stated the overall objective is for hwy 1 to be 4 lanes from Kamloops to Alberta. Not be on that stretch of road again for a couple of years. Road to shelter bay/galena ferry excellent, no traffic, good, with a few rough spots, all the way to Nakusp (spent nite). Next day to Castlegar, Danville, 21 to keller ferry, road across to Elmer city/coulee dam had major unrepaired slide, hence the ferry. Up the switchbacks from ferry was under construction its whole distance, follow me car, single lane, pausing for trucks and hot. To be avoided for who knows how long. On to Coulee city, waterville, over Badger Mt. to Wenatchee, on to Leavenworth. Stevens closed for 3 hrs due to accident and then home from Sultan on backroads. We encountered many, many, little sections of road construction along the way, lots of water in BC. I have mentioned the most significant travel areas to avoid in my opinion.

Thanks James. It is good to know about the constructions zones in Canada. I am hoping to get up to Revelstoke in August.

Good information Jim. After YFO my biggest ride this summer will probably be a loop up north for a few days!

--G

Going to Revelstoke I would come up from S. through Nakusp. I do not know what 1 is like East of Revelstoke. Noted Nakusp hot springs is closed at this time for maintenance, Halcyon springs had no open or closed sign visible as I went by. They had/have lots of water up there. K2 rotor was our overnite. Restaurant is pricey, but the exchange rate helps.