Ride to Deal's Gap Accomplished

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshift

Reaction score
Reached a milestone in my motorcycle experience. Left last Thursday June 19 and returned Sunday June 22, '08 and traveled 1629 mi on the FJR. Bike performed flawlessly the entire trip. Plus it was the ultimate field test of my Russel two-up daylong saddle. No sore butt so it passed the test. Hwy mpg was 45 going 70-80 mph and 50 mpg at speed 60-65 mph. Rode the Dragon without incident, saw two bikes in pieces laying on a flatbed tow-truck along the route. It was the Honda Hoot week so the Dragon had quite a few bikes going both ways. Weather was perfect and Knoxville TN is a nice lil party town. I bought 'I survived the Dragon' T-shirt to solidify the event. Sited at least 4 FJR's. For the record I drove North on HWY 75 to TN which is a cattle drive of cars and trucks and radar cops. My return trip was south on Hwy 441 which was infinitely more enjoyable a ride. :yahoo:

Sounds like a good ride! Glad to hear you like your Russel, I'm trying to decide which seat to get. Currently I can run about 240 miles before I have to give in to my sore backside.

Nice job on the ride. It is interesting when you look back on the trip and see how far you actually went. I can't wait to do the 50cc or a trip to Canada from Palmetto, Fl.

Russell or Bill Meyer TCMike.

Last edited by a moderator: