Ride to TWN Memorial from San Diego and Tarzana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First, let me start by saying, you meet some of the best folks through this forum. :) Slappy (Gerry), Jorstin (Steve) and I met up at the Aliso Creek Rest Area around 9:00 am. We then rode up the 5 to the 405 then onto the 101 to Tarzana to meet MCML (Joseph) for the rest of the ride to Goleta. MCML was the best host, we took a few minutes to rest up and then Joseph led us on some of the incredible canyon roads that he is so familiar with. It is always good to meet up with another rider that is passionate about riding and wants to share that with others. We rode out on Mullholland Highway, then onto a couple of other canyons roads that I cannot remember but had fun on and then turned on Kanan Dune heading back to the ocean then back onto Mulholland Highway again to PCH. The rest of the ride was along PCH until Oxnard and then Jorstin and I peeled off in Carpinteria to check into our hotel. Slappy rode on to Santa Maria and MCML rode up to Goleta.

We met up with the gang at the Holiday Inn in Goleta at around 5. MCML, Silver Penguin, Andy, Doug and Reno John were sitting out by the fire pit. We waited around for Fairlaner and Karen to show up and then DCarver and his wife Shauna showed up last. We sat around and talked for awhile then headed over to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. fjrchik met us and we all sat down and got to know each other and ate. DCarver should be posting up some pictures of all the antics that were going on. RenoJohn has some surprise pictures for his viewing pleasure later and it was just all around fun. Good people, good food and lots of fun. B) Tomorrow should be a great day for a ride memorial for TWN.

Last edited by a moderator: