Rider down - Frushlorton - on the way home from EOM 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear this. Best wishes and get well soon Steve. This is probably another typical case of "I didn't see you". I wish this crap would stop, but it never does.

Get well soon Steve and remember it wasn't the bike it was the other drivers lack of attention. This also reinforces the don't let your guard down until your in the garage beer in hand. It was really nice talking with you at EOM and I look forward to seeing you at future events. For an Air Farce guy your almost military, maybe with 35 years you could be a vet.

Roy

Just got home from the hospital. Steve is doing better. Still on pain management. He was put in a better shoulder immobilizer than the sling he had. Made him more comfortable. Many friends and his wife and girls. His spirit isn't broken that is for sure. He was able to get some sleep last night too. Keep up the good thoughts and prayers. It is working.

He asked if I thought the bike is totaled and I said, "Yeah. I think so, but the good news is I have an '07 in the garage with a lot of life left in it!"
smile.png
He will have plenty of time to make that decision, though.

I brought him two of my latest motorcycle magazines too.
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got home from spending 3 hours at the hospital with Steve and his family.
Good wishes being sent from the North.

Good on ya Bob. Nobody likes doing what you did, but all motorcyclists should do it to put things in perspective. I've done it a couple of times. I just hate that we have to do it.

I talked to Steve this morning. He sounded positive and strong. It was good to hear his voice. Hopefully, he will be out of the hospital in a few days.

Today's update:

Today was a pretty good day overall! Dad had lots of visitors, everyone has been so great and wonderful in all their support and love. Dad was still in good spirits, he really was "laughing until it hurt" (which it hurt for him as soon as he started) but it was a great time with everyone that came out to see dad.

They took the catheter out today, however he still has not been able to go on his own. But he is getting up more today and walking!

He is a little more balanced with the pain medicine so he has been kept a little more comfortable today.They did bring a new sling for dad to completely immobilize his shoulder. This new sling is more comfortable as well so that is better for the shoulder pain.

Now that he is more comfortable from the medicine we are hoping for an easier night tonight, no more severe pain like last night.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and who is continuing to pray!

Prayers sent for continued recovery.....hate catching up on the forum to find these situations.

Always good to have comrades caring about your well being....Keep healing Steve.

Today's update:

Last night was pretty decent for dad. He was able to get some much needed rest. They were able to keep his pain more controlled, however, it is still pretty awful when he coughs. Dad is still having a little trouble using the bathroom on his own, but he was able to so as of now there is no catheter in his future!
He started wheezing last night so they gave him a nebulizer treatment this morning. Dad's blood count is still looking good so no new concerns there.

We have gotten little bits and pieces of information regarding the accident, trying to piece together exactly what happened. But with each new thing we learn we are just reminded about how lucky we are to be where we are at in dad's progress. There is no doubt about it that God was there with dad on Sunday and he had an angel keeping him safe. There are so many little things that could have gone wrong or could have gone worse, so we are just so incredibly thankful that none of it did. We are thankful for every person involved in assisting at the accident, and every responder, doctor, nurse, and hospital staff for every role they played in getting dad where he is today.

It's also such an amazing thing to see all of our friends and family rally around and support and love us the whole way through. Thank you for your support, love, and prayers they are definitely heard.

Today's update:

Last night was pretty decent for dad. He was able to get some much needed rest. They were able to keep his pain more controlled, however, it is still pretty awful when he coughs. Dad is still having a little trouble using the bathroom on his own, but he was able to so as of now there is no catheter in his future!

He started wheezing last night so they gave him a nebulizer treatment this morning.

Dad's blood count is still looking good so no new concerns there.

We have gotten little bits and pieces of information regarding the accident, trying to piece together exactly what happened. But with each new thing we learn we are just reminded about how lucky we are to be where we are at in dad's progress. There is no doubt about it that God was there with dad on Sunday and he had an angel keeping him safe. There are so many little things that could have gone wrong or could have gone worse, so we are just so incredibly thankful that none of it did. We are thankful for every person involved in assisting at the accident, and every responder, doctor, nurse, and hospital staff for every role they played in getting dad where he is today.

It's also such an amazing thing to see all of our friends and family rally around and support and love us the whole way through. Thank you for your support, love, and prayers they are definitely heard.
You beat me to it!

Things continue to improve. Stephanie posted pics of the bike, and I'm surprised it's not worse. Here is the latest entry:

560c9e6eca16b4ca36a3db4e.jpg

Quiet DayBy Stephanie Myers

49 minutes agoDad had a nice quiet day today. He was able to get some rest throughout the day. He had a lot of callers who had encouraging words for him all day.

Dad got a visit from the chaplain and he and dad had a nice conversation, the chaplain is from Kenya and since we lived in Uganda they found a lot to talk about.

Dad has still been wheezing today so they have been pretty consistent with the nebulizer. He has been working on walking more today. His walks are getting longer as he is getting stronger.

He is still on the oxygen, and still gets a little lightheaded after the longer walks.

Dad also had a little more of an appetite today, so hopefully it continues to return fully.

No visitors today except for all his girls (Jaclyn, Madison, me and Tegan.)

Our visit was nice. Tegan made sure her Pop-Pop was being very careful because he had "1000 boo-boos"

For all those who have been asking for pictures of the accident/bike. I am going to put those under "pictures" on this page. This entry is only letting me add one photo.
I kinda like this one...

560c9f144db921af3a7f9446.jpg

..and when things get tough, it's your true family and true friends who step up.

More and more, that to me is the measure and essence of life.

..everything else pales by comparison.

Heal quick mi amigo..

dcarver

Flushlorton - Steve, you are in the Prayers of The Stanley Boys! Best Wishes to You and Your Family, get well soon!

Many thanks to Wayne, Tyler and Bob for keeping us up to date on this sad situation!

I spoke with Steve on the phone yesterday. He was a little groggy from having just received meds that he said made him loopy. I had to get home to mow my lawn(hay field) that didn't get done before leaving for EOM. As I finished I thought about all this water that we have coming and gave Tammy a call. They are all at the hospital and I wondered what storm preparation I could do for them. I will be heading to their house today to batten down the hatches.

Glad to see that he wanted to share the pictures of the bike. That means that part of the healing process is progressing too. Too bad there isn't a picture of him and all his girls. What a great loving family.

I will continue to pass on the messages from everyone here. It means a lot to him and the family.