Riding Around Punjab

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
Hello esteemed friends,

You can call me Ismail.

I live in the big city of Lahore, Pakistan.

pak-city.jpg

Big place, lots of traffic. Same like LA. Minus the freeways.

pak-jam.jpg

I don’t own an FJR 1300. God forbid! What would I do with all those cubic centimetres and horse power? I don't think I could handle such a large bike. I'm what you'd call skinny. I ride this little Honda 90 cc two-stroke bike, but seen as how everybody rides similar bikes, I don’t feel outgunned, so to speak.

pak-traff.jpg

This Friday I picked up my 2 wives and decided to take them for a spin. They always nag me about never going anywhere...

pak-honda.jpg

We hit the road and were soon in the countryside. Punjab is beautiful. You’d love it. Problem is, the roads are bloody narrow and there’s always a lot of traffic. We got stuck, they started giving me the lip (times 2, mind you) so I had to turn back. Another ride down the drain. Never mind.

pak-truck.jpg

Pedestrians are the worst. They never look – they just cross in front of you.

And buses, too. They drive like they own the road.

pak-bus.jpg

I fear roads here are not ideal for fast riding, so a little smoky single-cylinder bike will do me fine, thank you. Besides, spares are pretty cheap and there’s a part of town I call “Cycleville” where you can find all possible spares for your bike. Any part at all.

pak-bik-road.jpg

If you don’t find it, somebody will have one ready for you in a couple of days, handmade. And cheap.

I, too, am into what you call “farkles”. I am pretty proud of them, actually.

My brother in law made these stainless-steel sliders for me (you never know on these roads) and I have this home-made fuel-cell on my luggage rack.

My brother Akhber and I once took a long-distance ride to Karachi to see the ocean.

pak-sea.jpg

I’d never seen the ocean before, except on TV of course, and I truly loved it. I would have taken my wives, too, but the trip was too long and tiring (I checked, Russell don’t make a Day Long seat for my model).

I also like all your talk about helmets. Flip-ups or no flip-ups. We don’t wear helmets. Inshallah, we will never need one.

Well, thank you esteemed friends for your hospitality on this forum.

I like your style, you can talk about anything and you are very direct.

But sometimes you make mountains out of molehills (is this the right expression?).

Take all this talk about Michael Jackson, for instance.

Ship him to Punjab and we’ll show him the error of his ways.

Yours truly

Ismail Nazeem Khan

Just watch the behind your if in neck of woods here infidel. Gang and I kick your ass back to Assistan so fast make your head turn funnily.

Yosef

Ifmr%20India%2001.jpg