Riding jeans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
I am starting to look for some riding jeans to wear for the shorter trips in town. I love my kevlar mesh pants, but they can be kind of inapproiate when going out to dinner ect. I know you get what you pay for (for the most part) but I don't anticipate high speed runs when wearing the jeans and have a hard time justifing $200+ pants.

What are you guys wearing and where did you get em?

TIA,

Greg

clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Gregory,

I have been using American Made Kevlar Lined/Draggin Jeans. They come in Regular looking jeans or Black(which I use) so I don't look to conspicuous. They are around $100-120:

https://www.dragginjeans.com/category.aspx?categoryID=1

Their remarks: "We use 14.5 ounce denim with a 13.5 ounce 100% Kevlar® lining. Our protective Kevlar® lining extends from just below the belt loops to, well, just below your ass. It extends vertically from hip seam to hip seam. We cover your knees as well with protection that wraps completely around the knee (covering the front and back).

Each pair of Draggin’ Jeans is handmade in the USA! They are pre-washed and pre-shrunk. We cut our jeans exactly true to size, so we recommend measuring a pair of your own jeans to get the right fit. "

Check out Duluth Trading Co. They have Fire Hose Jeans and Logging Pants that are pretty durable and sell for less than $50.

Although not designed specifically for motorcycling, they have some testimonials of guys wearing them through a motorcycle incident and fairing well.

Draggin jeans($110) and Sliders($79) here. I don't like the sliders button on top so I am planning on re-enforcing them with a heavier thread. They were also a little baggy but shrunk ok. Alot cooler in summer. The draggin jeans shrunk also but are warmer for riding in cooler weather. Now they ride sorta high. <_< I also wear Bohn armor under both pair.

Draggin Jeans also. Wear the ones with the knee armor on weekend rides and to the office and change into office slacks once there. If work's a zoo, there've been many times that I've worn the jeans for the day and nobody noticed. Loaned a kid in the neighborhood a pair and he road-tested them when he tossed his R6 and didn't lose any skin.

Ha Greg,

Come over to the house and see the ones I ordered From Cochise.

Joe

Diamond Gusset jeans for me,it's better than jeans alone,but not as good as gear with hard protection.You,being in Arizona makes it harder to wear hotter gear than you want(better to buy something less protective,and wear it than buy the best protective gear and not wear it).

Ha Greg,Come over to the house and see the ones I ordered From Cochise.

Joe
You gotta give us a link or pic or something. Unless, this was secret code for, well... something we really don't want to know about.

I have the Sliders Khaki pants. They are Kevlar lined just like Draggin Jeans etc.

Can't say that I could recommend the Sliders due to two things:

1. Only five belt loops around the waist line. That makes them sag a lot at the waist and sometimes actually roll out from under my belt.

2. Very short waisted. They are just cut differently than Dockers (which they are supposed to be a visual/fashion substitute for), and are short through the crotch line. I'm constantly pulling up on the waist trying to get them where they feel "solid", but then the inseam jams into my nether-regions and raises my voice an octave or two.

I'll continue to wear them for a few more months, because I must have something at least that presentable for work. But one of these days I'm taking a good pair of Dockers, ripping out the Kevlar from the Sliders, and paying someone to sew that Kevlar material into a pair of Dockers pants that are made for an old fat man like me.

I wear Icon Recon Kevlar Jeans, for commuting to the office. Won't ride aggressively in them, however, as they don't include armor (yes, I know the logic is flawed :rolleyes: ). Keep real gear for that.

Here's a good review of 2 pairs: Kevlar Jeans Review

I had the kevlar draggin shirt when I lived in Florida.

I went down, a tip over on a turn and the kevlar was

no more sturdy than the cheap corduroy jeans I was

wearing. I wouldn't count on kevlar. It actually ripped through.

I have two pairs of Sliders Jean (black and blue). I like wearing jeans when riding and the extra protection is great. They are comfortable and if it's cool out, they are warmer than regular blue jeans. The only thing I would change on them is the button, it's not metal (not sure if it's plastic or what) and it seems like it's not sewn on well. However, it's not come off, so it's okay so far. They wash well. I like them.

I think the only place you can get them are here: https://www.compacc.com/cat.cfm/cid/1001002/va/1

Smoke

I wear Draggin Jeans and Sliders ( Sliders come in Cargo style and Kaki color too) under that I wear Bohn armor. I have slid 100 feet or so with Draggin Jeans and they did the job the demin burned but the kevlar held and I was without road rash.

Diamond Gusset jeans fit like the Dockers,plenty of belt loops/crotch room,I don't know about the road-rash since I haven't had to test that part as yet......