Riding pants for a tall skinny guy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to mention duluth trading company as well, like Carhartt but a little better in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I'm not as skinny as I once was, I'm taller than average (6'3") with long legs (36" inseam, crotch to floor)

About ten years ago I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic pants (XL/tall). They are rainproof, have CE armor in the knees and padding in the hips), and fit perfectly over my street clothes. Full-length two way zippers on the outside of the legs, fully adjustable waist with elastic AND Velcro, in case you start to "grow".

I've worn them in temps as low as the 30s, with flannel under my jeans - and as high as the upper 90s, wearing shorts.

The Ballistics have gone through several changes over the years, and now the waterproof part is a removable liner.

The price is quite reasonable, the fit of the tall version is wonderful, and they just won't wear out!

I'd love to upgrade to Motoport, but can't until these "break". (Motoport is only 25 miles from my house, so a walkin custom fit is SO TEMPTING.

Last edited by a moderator: