Riding without touching the bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd highly suggest that you continue to ride for miles with no hands. But first, would you mind signing this little document making me the beneficiary of your life insurance policy??

Trust me, I'll take great care of your heirs.

Hey wait, maybe I should try riding next to the Kings River in Kings Canyon with no hands so that I could fly fish at the same time! Now we are ON to something with this - I like it!

biknflyfisher

Whats so dangerous about riding with no hands. I used to do it all the time, until one morning I pulled onto the highway just west of Toronto, I set the cruise, feet up on the highway pegs, and started some house cleaning. You know going thru the tankbag, cleaning my glasses, fooling with my handgun, then I crossed my arms, leaned back and must have drifted off for a while, because when I woke up I was in Buffalo NY. I keep my hands on the bars now, just seems safer. :blink:

Whats so dangerous about riding with no hands. I used to do it all the time, until one morning I pulled onto the highway just west of Toronto, I set the cruise, feet up on the highway pegs, and started some house cleaning. You know going thru the tankbag, cleaning my glasses, fooling with my handgun, then I crossed my arms, leaned back and must have drifted off for a while, because when I woke up I was in Buffalo NY. I keep my hands on the bars now, just seems safer. :blink:
Nothing wrong with that. Once I set my VC, I usually go in the back, nuke a burrito, crack a beer, , plop my ass on the couch and turn on ESPN. Makes the trip go by so much faster.

Ahh modern conveniences. What will they think of next? :huh:

aw man! my a/c at home was out so i had to keep my pc turned off until the shop fixed their fix (which broke my working a/c). you have to take this one more post before getting back to the op!

stupidometer.gif

what was the question again?

something about who has done it, and how safe is it?

I've done it, probalby will do it again...

....Safe? what's that? :butcher:

Reminds me of the movie where Robin Williams simulated flying by driving with the headlights off at night while getting a BJ. I'd say you're pretty much headed in the same direction with only half the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to hijack the thread, but while I'm riding with no hands I like to take my revolver out the tank bank...unloaded of course....and put the end in my mouth and dry fire it.
You know, Ig, this is the kind of statement that can come back to haunt you at election time. :lol:

But what the hey -- I do the same thing. With the .44 mag. Startles the nearby cagers, but I trust A-Zoom snap caps to make the practice perfectly safe. Note however, that depending upon the make and model of your revolver, dry firing into your mouth without snap caps COULD damage your firing pin. HTH :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to hijack the thread, but while I'm riding with no hands I like to take my revolver out the tank bank...unloaded of course....and put the end in my mouth and dry fire it.
You know, Ig, this is the kind of statement that can come back to haunt you at election time. :lol:

But what the hey -- I do the same thing. With the .44 mag. Startles the nearby cagers, but I trust A-Zoom snap caps to make the practice perfectly safe. Note however, that depending upon the make and model of your revolver, dry firing into your mouth without snap caps COULD damage your firing pin. HTH :)

As an elected official I think his firing pin may have been damaged already.

Only 1 rule for me when no hands on the bars:

~~Never at dusk~~

But other than that

+ I do quite often, most frequently to dig something out of tank bag or to post on the forum or catch up on emails.

..john -currently piloting Gen1 FJR southbound hwy395, 68MPH

---------

Sent from my blackberry

Latest posts