Rode My Wife's Versys Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnor

Reaction score
Today is the first day that I have ridden my wife's Versys for many miles..What a great bike!!!!!!!! Good handling, good power, lightweight. It's like a supermoto bike, and a sport touring bike all in one.

If it had the factory hard bags on it, it would be the only bike that I would need.

I rode it in the Hocking Hills area, great roads..Big Pine is one of my favorites, also 56 154, 78 etc. Great bike!!!

Easy to see why it's Kawasaki's best seller in Europe, and Motorcyclist's bike of the year.

It's always fun to get on another bike and ride it where you want.

Hocking Hills is a great place to test out just about anything with wheels. :yahoo:

Car and Driver is there a lot.

Would this bike be good for a 1 and 1/2 year rider? Contemplating on what i want my next bike to be. Im 5 ft 2 and about 120 lbs. Give me some input on this. Gotta picture?

When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Who gives a crap that you rode your wife's Vespa? Then I started seeing the responses and wondered what was up. I was about 1/2 through your post when I realized you said Versys. Anyway, those bikes are cool, I have been wondering how much my wife would like one, and I am a jackass sometimes. I need a vacation!!

Would this bike be good for a 1 and 1/2 year rider? Contemplating on what i want my next bike to be. Im 5 ft 2 and about 120 lbs. Give me some input on this. Gotta picture?
Mrs. S ~ I think the Versys is a very nice bike, but I'm afraid that at your size, it isn't going to work! It was on my short list of bikes to consider before I bought my 06 Feejer... sat on one at the dealer, and found it was way too tall for me. I have a 28" inseam.

I can just get both feet down pretty well on the Feej, but on the Versys, I could barely tiptoe with one foot! It is a tall son of a gun. Too bad, because it feels like it would be a kick in the pants to ride.

Don

There is a very good lowering kit for the Versys www.motowerk.com. We have it down to about 30" seat height, I have a 30" inseam, and it's fine for me, and perfect for my wife.

With the hard bags on it, it would be a cross between a supermoto bike, and a sport tourer.