Rome, Ga, Easy Living Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Calimus

So my wife has been very supportive of me wanting to bump up to an FJR. So much that she's been calling dealers to infd out if/when they will have one on the show floor. Finally, she struck gold. Easy Living Yamaha said they had 2, an A and an AE. She also asked if they allowed test drives since we were coming from a way's away. They told her so long as we had a motorcycle license, we could test ride the bikes. She thought this odd, but took them at face value.

So on Tuesday, we jumped on the bikes and road up. They wern't highly busy, but the frist 2 salesguys we saw, were tied up with actual sales, no problem. We spent about 20min looking at the FJR's before my wife finally went in search of a salesman. One finally came over (not one of the two that were actually making sales) and we chatted a little about the bike. He knew the basics of the bike but jut didn't seem very interested that I was looking at it. To make matter wrose, I seemed to know more about the bike over-all then he did. So we tossed this guy all kinds of signs. I sat on it, wife got on the back of the bike and commented how nice and confortable it was. We then asked if I could test ride the bike and got a resounding "sure, once you are approved for the loan or hand me a full value check". No that is not what my wife was told over the phone. An as far as I'm concerned, that senario is not a test ride, it's a you own it and can ride it kind of deal. I didn't let it get int the way though. I just said ok, I can understand that.

My wife then went to go look at R6's and I chatted the salesguy up. After a few min, I gave him the ol' "I need to talk to my wife for a min" line and said ok. I wlked over to my wife, turned around and the guy was gone like a fart in the wind. Wife and I talked for a few min and then when I looked for him agian, we couldn't find him. So we said the hell with it and started to leave. Had the bikes fired up and almost had the helmets on when he came out and asked if I'd like a brochure. I tossed him my final bone and said, sure. I even turned the bike off and went back onto the sales floor. He broght me a brochure with his card stapled to it. Then my wife tossed her final bone. She asked what the trade in on my Vmax might be. He looked the max over, gave a mild quote (which was around what I expected) and then told us to have a good day.

This guy never asked if I was serious, never mentioned the price of the bike, never even mentioned me filling out a credit app. This guy was like a bottle of sleeping-pills and gives no pressure sales a whole new meaning. Personally, I like being made to feel good anytime I spend more then 10k on anything. Worse yet, if I had balked at the price or he couldn't make it work, they had an 06' in the back with 1,800 miles on it for $9,800.00 that I very well would have jumped on. However, he never brought up any money talk or even mentioned the 06' in the back.

I've forgotten the guys name, but as soon as I get home, I'll adit this post. I think the dealership itself is fine, but once I give this guy's name, just stay away from him. Oh, yea, I also e-mailed the dealership about the whole thing as I thought they should know.

Latest posts