Rusty Palmer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR919

Reaction score
Took a hooky day from work to celebrate my friend's birthday (weather permitting we take off and ride). Before we left I thought his rear tire was marginal, but he figured "one more ride". We were around Port Jervis New York. He was on his Hayabusa, I was riding my heavily modified FZ1 as I can't keep up with the Busa on my FJR. Riding behind him I started seeing a white stripe appearing in the middle of his tire. Thinking his cords were starting to show, I got him to stop and we examined the tire. Yup, that's what it was.

We were in Hancock N.Y. and started calling local dealers. No one locally had a tire for his bike. The closest dealer that had a tire in stock was in Honesdale PA. about 35 miles away. We arrived there and they were great. They had a full day booked in service but they squeezed us in. 45 minutes later he had a fresh Dunlop Qualifier.

While we waited, we checked this very impressive dealer out. The sales staff was very attentive and their stock of riding gear was large. They then apologized for the "small" size as their old building had burned and these were temporary quarters. The new buliding down the road was being built and would be about three times the size of the place we were impressed with.

They had a C14 in stock (I posted detail in another thread). They carried Yamaha, Kawasaki and I think Suzuki.

For a couple of out of state guys, they treated us great and think they deserve a mention.