Sad Ending for an XJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
2FD1380B00000578-3385889-image-m-50_1452021865075.jpg

Saw a story on the Daily Mail...the French have drained a canal for cleaning and maintenance...this was at the bottom...what a sad sight to behold...I always liked the XJR, we just never got a chance to sample them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3385889/From-old-radios-CAR-Paris-city-chiefs-drain-iconic-canal-time-15-years-uncover-host-discarded-debris.html

Even the French think that the Cobalt Blue is hideous. That guy hated the Cobalt Blue so much he threw the whole motorcycle into the river.
weirdsmiley.gif

That is really a heck of a nice motorcycle to be wasted like that. Even looks like a PR3 on the rear.

If this were available here a couple years ago, this would most likely be my second bike instead of the FJ-09. I am not enamored with the new styling changes...but I loved this scheme in 2014...

big-yamaha-xjr-1300-sp-106941.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I would have called dibs on that Olihns shock!!
You do realize you'd have a hard time stuffing those Ohlins into an FJR.
Cutting torch and a 5 lb engineers hammer can fix that right up.

@Sky...I wonder if it would fire up after some major work. Part out at least!!! Bet some of that winds up on EBay. Maybe just a good power washing before it shows up on EBay "meticulously maintained, adult ridden, never down." "Was running before I put it in storage" No reserve!!!

Cav, for more authenticity, add "...one minor scratch on the muffler from the garage wall..."