Safe parking for a pick-up for a week near San Diego cruise port?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
Hi all: We're attending FODS on our way to SD, so I'll have a DRZ400 in the bed of my crewcab pickup and I'm looking for secure parking for a week. McRide kindly offered to help us out when we met him at WCR last month, but it sounded like it was going to be very inconvenient for him and his family, having another big vehicle in their driveway. Any other options out there? We aren't looking for accomodations - just a place to park the truck safely for a week which isn't too $$$ of a cab ride to the port! Thanks.

DaveActually, we are out of town 10-14 thru 10-18 but.... you are more than welcome to park here. There just won't be anyone around to keep an eye on things. PM me.

Dave, I live in a gated community that is pretty secure but I'm about 40 minutes north of the Cruise Ship

docks. Unfortunately transportation from here is probabaly gonna cost ya in the $50-$60 range each way and

don't know if I will be available on those days to offer you a ride.

If you want to park here just PM me and we can set it up.

Another possible alternative is SAN Airport long term parking, it can be had for around $10 a day, I don't know if

their free shuttles would take you to the Cruise ship terminals or not. Most of them are fenced and have

an attendant 24/7.

Park-N-Fly

SanPark worked perfectly! Nice people and I parked the truck at the end of a row with good visibility for the attendants. Quick shuttles to and from the cruise port - I would recommend this to anyone.

Thanks for the suggestion and the offers of alternatives.