Salt Lake City, UT dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatNakedGuy

Reaction score
Looking for a reputable dealer in Salt Lake City to take on the maintenance, etc, of my bike.

If anyone has info please post away!

Thanks!

I'd try Full Throttle Powersports. They're in Centerville on the frontage road in sight of the Centerville exit. Never had them work on any of my stuff (kinda hard when I live in CA) but my daughter is friends with the owners daughter and they're good people. I can't imagine them running a clip joint. I bought my very first street bike from the former owner. A spankin' new 1981 Yamaha 650 Maxim. :good:

It's next to a good bar/restraunt, The Lone Star if you need someplace to hang out while you wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I'll file it in the ol' crackberry!

Doug, yeah... moving. Can't afford to buy a home in SoCal on one measly IT salary. 10 years ago maybe but not now.

We'll be back in SoCal after my wife wins the lottery. doh!

Seriously though, it's only a 12hr ride so I'll be back when big rides happen (with the exception of WFO since we'll be on the road with the rental truck moving our crap.. :angry2: ) You guys and gals have fun and be safe out there.

Looking for a reputable dealer in Salt Lake City to take on the maintenance, etc, of my bike.
If anyone has info please post away!

Thanks!

Careys Cycle Center in Ogden. Careys Cycle

It about a 25 minute drive north of Salt Lake City proper. Nothing for a So Cal boy

This is where I bought my bike. Mom and Pop shop. Owners still work the counter. Caron in parts Brad in service. I do believe Carey even drops in now and again. They have treated me well and always ready with an answer.

I absolutly refuse to do business with Plaza. It seems their idea of customer service is if you don't buy the next one will. Full throttle has a fairly new store and wants you to help pay for it. A lot of turn over in the front end also.

Any specifics you would like answered let me know.

Look on the bright side, at least there are less congested roads there! Gonna miss you down here, keep us posted my friend.
Salt Lake freeways are just as crowded as anything I've encountered in CA and they're getting worse all the time. There just aren't as many miles of them as say, L.A. and they aren't crowded 24/7 like L.A.

Full throttle has a fairly new store and wants you to help pay for it.
The scoundrals! I'm sure no other dealership would want their customers to pay for anything :lol:

Except for maybe those bastages at Plaza Cycle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I'll file it in the ol' crackberry!
Doug, yeah... moving. Can't afford to buy a home in SoCal on one measly IT salary. 10 years ago maybe but not now.

We'll be back in SoCal after my wife wins the lottery. doh!

Seriously though, it's only a 12hr ride so I'll be back when big rides happen (with the exception of WFO since we'll be on the road with the rental truck moving our crap.. :angry2: ) You guys and gals have fun and be safe out there.
Best wishes Rick, I know it'll work out for you guys!

Utah's great riding territory too, the Torrey area south of SLC is heaven.

Might want to check this out ???

https://www.motost.com/torrey/