San Antonio FJR Riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08Missile

Reaction score
About a month and a half ago a FJR rider (I believe a blue FJR) was leaving Alamo Cycle Plex service dept. at the same time I was (black FJR). About a week later I believe I saw same rider on Babcock, close to 1604, heading north. Just wondering if you are on this forum.

Also, I'm looking to ride with local riders (South Texas area) who ride almost every weekend and frequently go on longer trips. Sorry for long post. Thanks.

About a month and a half ago a FJR rider (I believe a blue FJR) was leaving Alamo Cycle Plex service dept. at the same time I was (black FJR). About a week later I believe I saw same rider on Babcock, close to 1604, heading north. Just wondering if you are on this forum.
Also, I'm looking to ride with local riders (South Texas area) who ride almost every weekend and frequently go on longer trips. Sorry for long post. Thanks.
I know of at least one guy that rides an '05 there. Usually has a bright reflective vest on over his armored jacket. Not sure what shop he takes the bike to, though. He rides with the VFW in Selma, if I recall correctly... (I just left San Antonio in October, although I didn't have my FJR yet!)

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for him. I didn't notice his riding gear but I've sort of been kicking myself for not saying "hi". Anyway, thanks again, thanks for your service and congrats on the bike.

I think you've been spotting me Missile, I live by UTSA and was at Alamo getting a small warranty issue fixed...I waved but I was already passed ya I think. I dont ride as much for pleasure in summer due to a bum ticker..my heart not the valves :rolleyes: , but sometimes I roll with the SA Sportbikers..google 'em as I dont remember the site address...mostly middle aged or thereabouts...the Darwinian Squid Theory takes care of most of the idiots, and they have runs almost every weekend. If you're new to SA please use care around big pickups...they really can be dangerous...its hard to make up for some genetic short-comings and summer brings these folks to a boil. Give a wave if ya see me, I'm pretty sure I'm the only FJR around with handicapped plates !

Take care and I hope to see ya soon !

We Are Blessed !

Bobby

I'm planning to move to SA later this summer, assuming I can find a job first. (Network engineering, planning & design, with specialties in load balancing and TCP data optimization). So you haven't seen me riding down there yet, but I expect to be around at some point. :)

I'm planning to move to SA later this summer, assuming I can find a job first. (Network engineering, planning & design, with specialties in load balancing and TCP data optimization). So you haven't seen me riding down there yet, but I expect to be around at some point. :)
If you have a clearance there are quite a few engineering jobs to be had with government contractors. Check SGIS -- I know my old unit and those around us had a bunch of guys from that company working with us.

Hey Bobby Blue,

I'll keep and eye out for 'ya. Thanks for the tips and you be careful out there, too.

Inlaw1,

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out and I hope to see you around, too.

dbx,

Good luck on the job thing and look us up when you get here.

If you have a clearance there are quite a few engineering jobs to be had with government contractors. Check SGIS -- I know my old unit and those around us had a bunch of guys from that company working with us.
I *had* a security clearance during my 20-year military career, but it has since expired.

08Missile, I'll look you guys up when I get down there. Thanks all.