San Antonio Suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOgre

Reaction score
Hey All. Going to be visiting San Antonio, TX early next week for two or three days and wouldn't mind adding a bar-b-que stop to the itinerary. Anyone have any suggestions, either to aim for or to stay away from? TIA.

San Antonio, stick to Mexican food. If you go a little north toward Austin there is Franklin's, Salt Lick, Cooper's and a bunch more.

Take the short trip to Lockhart TX and there are several really good BBQ places there. I like Smitty's Market and Blacks BBQ. San Antonio has some of the best Tex-Mex there is and that's not bad grub either. Enjoy the food and beer while your there, wish I could join you!

I visit SA frequently. Good BBQ at Rudy's near Sea World. Google for Rudy's BBQ in SA. Another great place is Bill Miller BBQ, locations all over SA and South Texas. I prefer Rudy's. Generally, SA has about the best food in the US! Jim's Coffee Shops for breakfast! Enjoy!

Take the short trip to Lockhart TX and there are several really good BBQ places there. I like Smitty's Market and Blacks BBQ. San Antonio has some of the best Tex-Mex there is and that's not bad grub either. Enjoy the food and beer while your there, wish I could join you!
I haven't been to the Blacks BBQ in Lockhart, but their location in Austin on Guadalupe is fantastic. (In Austin, it's pronounced Guada-loop, for some reason. When in Rome...)

I ate there a lot in 1966. Shit on the Shingle was excellent!!
rolleyes.gif

Excellent! We'll be heading over from Houston and then heading back probably via a different route so I should have the opportunity for a stop or two. Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Latest posts