San Diego or Orange County Tire Change Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderX

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Leaving on a trip to Vegas and on to Saint Louis tomorrow. Caught a screw in my rear tire (second in 2 months commuting daily). I already have a brand new tire and appointment waiting for me in Springfield, MO as Im embarking on a week long endurance rally.

So. . . . Does anyone know of a shop that will put a plugged tire on? Does anyone have tire changing gear that could hook me up in the next 24 hours? I just need to get 2000 miles out of one of my very healthy punctured rears (small screws in both cases). If so do you prefer west coast IPAs or fine Cuban cigars?

:)

Is the latest hole in the tread? I have put thousands of miles on tires that I plugged myself with my K-Mart tire repair kit. I am a cheapskate (read: irresponsible). I plugged them and then rode on them as hard as I wanted until the belt was showing. Apparently, Darwin is not all that he is cracked up to be.

Awesome. Great reminder. Im not too embarrassed to admit in public that I already had a stop and go plug kit on the bike and completely forgot about it. Been in a saddlebag for ten years. Plugs were still moist in a ziplock and got her plugged on third try. Much reaming was necessary to make way for plug. Very cool. Appreciate the advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had really good luck with the Dyna Plug kits. Doesn't require reaming and held very well both uses.

Good luck in the rally!

Latest posts