Sandwiched Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=10pt]so THAT'S what happens when a bike gets rear-ended at a stop . . . [/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]holy shit -- that's skeery[/SIZE]. :ermm:

RuhRoh. :huh:

twip_090716_02.ss_full.jpg

guess he doesn't have to worry about worn cam shafts anymore....OUCH!

"wow" doesn't quite cover it

Great that the rider escaped. But it sucks because that V4 Magna is irreplaceable. Looks like it was a nice copy too.

[speculation]

...and the red-headed step-child, driver is weeping on the road side because she scratched-up the bumper of her red Pontiac, because she was texting a friend about the hot stud on a motorcycle in front of her.

[/speculation]

Last edited by a moderator:
And some of you wonder why we CA riders like to "lane share" at stop signals.........rather than being a stationary target hindrance obstacle. :rolleyes:

It is incredible that the rider survived without any serious injuries. I am not sure I understand how he ended up in the pickup bed when he was struck from behind. I am not an engineer but my basic physics which I took many years ago tell me that he should have been thrown backward by the initial impact of the car. Perhaps he was and then the force his impact with the car was enough to launch him forward again. Perhaps some of you wiser people than me can explain how this accident occurred.

For sure the rider's Angel was watching over him. Wonder if he will get a new bike out of the lady's insurance company? By the way do you think she might have been on her cell phone or texting when it happened?

It is incredible that the rider survived without any serious injuries. I am not sure I understand how he ended up in the pickup bed when he was struck from behind. I am not an engineer but my basic physics which I took many years ago tell me that he should have been thrown backward by the initial impact of the car. Perhaps he was and then the force his impact with the car was enough to launch him forward again. Perhaps some of you wiser people than me can explain how this accident occurred.
For sure the rider's Angel was watching over him. Wonder if he will get a new bike out of the lady's insurance company? By the way do you think she might have been on her cell phone or texting when it happened?
Welllll, judging from the way the rear subframe is folded forward....my guess is that he was "launched".

Cell phone? That's the first thing I'd ask the officer to check. Take her cell phone and look at the "history" of calls and texts, and write it in his report. That "might" help my insurance company against her insurance company...OR...it might get her a ticket for driving while distracted.