Saturday 5/16: Police Moto Training Competition, Fairfield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
This Saturday is the first of many Western Region / Northern Calif. police moto competitions:

FAIRFIELD POLICE MOTOR TRAINING COMPETITION

I plan to shoot up there, probably by late morning, to watch these police officers display the amazing maneuvering skills they have worked so hard to master and that are an inspiration to me. In my view, slow-speed handling skills are the last skill set left for hobbyists like me to obtain, after having achieved at least a rudimentary set of basic highway and country twisty skills, and some Kali commuting skills
rolleyes.gif
. Possibly because it requires some bike dropping, I'm guessing most of us tend not to practice too much. (My bike looks like it's been in a hatchet fight and lost, so I'm not too worried....)

Anyway, based on previous competitions I've attended, I now practice slow-speed maneuvers every time I get on the bike (haven't dropped it yet, but that's because I'm taking it real...well...slow
smile.png
--I didn't say I haven't dropped the bike, I just havent dropped it (yet) practicing tight u-turns
biggrin.png
). Maybe they'll let us run the cone patters during their lunch break. One thing's for sure: There's plenty of folks to help pick up the pieces of faring and windscreen.

Hit me up if you plan to go and we can see about rendezvousing and saying Hi. I anticipate being with a work colleague (Ducati 899 Panigale). There will be a food stop at some point....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts