Schuberth C2 Helmet Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frito1

Reaction score
I acquired during the purchase of my FJR a pair of low mileage Schuberth C2 helmets. I don't know anything about the Schuberths except that they look like nice lids. They are outfitted with speakers and mics. Since the bike is fitted with an Audiovox com system I assume that the electronics were added to the helmets, but I don't really know. The XL helmet fits well enough, but the speakers make pressure points that I think would become intolerable in short while. Should I try to remove the electronics? or just move on to another (right fitting) helmet? Were the electronics a factory installed option?

If I do decide to get a different helmet what is the value of the lightly used Schuberths? I'm thinking if someone was interested I'd pull the com system and let it go with the helmets. Anyone care to venture a guess as to a fair value?

My C2 came without any sound, and I didn't buy it (long story, and it was all legal-like), so I can't tell you if it was a factory option. I tried to add speakers at one point (velcroed in without any modification to the lid itself) and experienced the pressure point issue, so I just pulled 'em back out.

As for any resale value, you might want to check on the manufacturing date. I guess as a helmet ages, the foam inside meant to protect your brain-pan deteriorates and may not offer adequate protection when needed. Mine is now over 5 years old, and many folks (as I have read here on this forum) feel that 5 years is about the shelf life to expect full safety from. Try a search of this forum to see what others have said about this.