Scorpio Alarm Mount Location?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took a Scorpio off my GSXR and plan to mount it on the FJR. My main complaint with the system is that the remote eats batteries. The alarm is nice and loud, sensors work well and remote is fine with a strong battery. Factory service sucks and if you return anything for repair/replacement keep a good record of everything.

Any of you mounting your Scorpio on an 07 FJR ? If so, where do I find the wiring harness to plug the Yama specific connector to from Scorpio? I bought the Centech AP-2 which I just received and am now ready to mount but cannot find where to hook this connector.

I have seen mutliple posts but it seems they all refer to an 06 which apparently has the connector in a different location.

Thanks

On the 2nd gen FJR, if you take the tool tray out, there is a pretty good sized empty spot that stays dry. That's where I mounted my Talon alarm.

Takes a bit of work to get the tool tray out, but it's worth it IMO.

I don't have a picture. I can try to take one, but my digicam battery charger was lost, so I only have a PDA camera handy. Not very good for black on black.

Honestly there isn't much to see, but I will try.

-BD

Any of you mounting your Scorpio on an 07 FJR ? If so, where do I find the wiring harness to plug the Yama specific connector to from Scorpio? I bought the Centech AP-2 which I just received and am now ready to mount but cannot find where to hook this connector.
I have seen mutliple posts but it seems they all refer to an 06 which apparently has the connector in a different location.

Thanks
Unless something has changed, the GenII bikes have the connector located on the left side directly adjacent to and slightly below the tool tray. Trace the loom from the tail light assembly and you'll see a white plug. It is tied into the same harness that plugs into the ECU. On the GenI bikes, the plug is located on the left side near the tail section. Mine was tie wrapped under the sub frame. I had to take all the rear plastic off to access it...

--G

Look between the inner fender and the ECU. You'll have to pull some plastic from below the seat to get to it, but once installed, everything fits back like stock. Stays dry, connectors fit easy, and it's in dead space that otherwise has no use. I don't have a pic, but if I remember I'll take one next time I have the side panel off.

I did extend the wires by 24", and fix the alarm under the passenger seat, just b4 the rear brake lights. I run the antenna under the rear hugger.

Nice fit, easy acces, protect agains water, good spot for the antenna.

I'm planning to install it on my own. I got the Yamaha harness so it should be easier. Anybody has a picture of installation?

Also what is the color of the wire for the ignition?

Thanks.