Scorpio i900 alarm system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought 2 Talon alarms with wiring (FJR 1300 wiring harness from battery to alarm at rear of passenger seat is a little short) with proximity sensor for the price of one Scorpio alarm.I know the Scorpio has a better "key fob" but the Talon also has another option for a battery back up.

The guy up in Vancouver BC was helpful and gave me $50.00 USD off (and a fair shipping rate) when I got both alarms.

PM me for more info if you want.

Ride safe.
Thank you much for the tip, but it's too late for me. I ordered my Scorpio i900 Sat. morning. Found it online with battery backup, FJR wiring harness and all for $435. Not cheap, but I really do need something to deter someone swiping all the stuff I leave hanging on the bike. (Helmets, RD, GPS, gloves, and sometime even my jacket)

At least we can compare notes on the two brands and help somebody else make a more informed decision.

:)

Bought 2 Talon alarms with wiring (FJR 1300 wiring harness from battery to alarm at rear of passenger seat is a little short) with proximity sensor for the price of one Scorpio alarm.I know the Scorpio has a better "key fob" but the Talon also has another option for a battery back up.

The guy up in Vancouver BC was helpful and gave me $50.00 USD off (and a fair shipping rate) when I got both alarms.

PM me for more info if you want.

Ride safe.
Thank you much for the tip, but it's too late for me. I ordered my Scorpio i900 Sat. morning. Found it online with battery backup, FJR wiring harness and all for $435. Not cheap, but I really do need something to deter someone swiping all the stuff I leave hanging on the bike. (Helmets, RD, GPS, gloves, and sometime even my jacket)

At least we can compare notes on the two brands and help somebody else make a more informed decision.

:)
Great idea Jeff.

In fact I was thinking about doing a write up on the Talon alarm as I have only just got it installed on the bike.

IMHO you will get a better alarm in the form of the Scorpio but for those peeps who are on a set bugdet, then the Talon would do well!

We should compare notes and do a write up then post it up. Maybe if the mods liked the comparo then we could make it into the "hall of fame" (AKA bin o facts).

Ride safe,

:clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping:

Andre and Silent, I saw where you both are Scorpio owners.Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the i900 system?

Scorpio i900 Alarm System

Does it come with the Proximity Sensor and Ignition Kill included? (KneeDraggers said it does. Scorpio sorta lists those as separate items.)

Thoughts/opinions on operation, features etc???

I'm giving one serious consideration for my 07.

Andre and Silent, I saw where you both are Scorpio owners.Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the i900 system?

Scorpio i900 Alarm System

Does it come with the Proximity Sensor and Ignition Kill included? (KneeDraggers said it does. Scorpio sorta lists those as separate items.)

Thoughts/opinions on operation, features etc???

I'm giving one serious consideration for my 07.

Hello All,

I have the SR-i900 alarm will post pictures of my install soon - in the next couple of days or so...

Pretty easy install only took me about 2 hours, but I like to make all my wires positioned straight and like everything to be really neat. I didn’t like that the remote needs to be charged daily according to the instructions, but I have found you can go about a week before you need to charge it again so far so good. I purchased the proximity sensor and the ignition kill and the plug-and-play harness for my ’05 all of these were separate additional optional items which made the alarm pricey, but I want to do some overnight trips this year and an alarm is a must. I haven’t hooked up the ignition kill not sure where to connect it just yet, fuel pump???

So far it does what it advertises disarms upon entering the immediate vicinity and arms upon leaving/walking away, very convenient!

Jon

Here are the pictures. Sorry it took me so long to post them...

The main unit is under the rear of the passenger seat, it has dual-lock fastener underneath (out of sight) and also held down by the rubber tool kit strap, ...(dual lock is a 3M super velcro like fastener system, but there is very little resemblance to the original velcro as there are no hooks and no loops, rather both sides are like little mushroom heads of plastic that snap together very nicely and the adhesive is also almost permanent but can be removed, I use this stuff a lot).

On the other side of the power commander sticker is the RF-ID receiver and in the top left of the first picture is the relay for the ignition kill which I have still not hooked up yet. Probably going to use the wire in the circuit that detect when the bike is down and shuts down the engine off as if it is running on its side, not sure about this just yet.

Further along, just above the "D" in DynoJet (sticker) is the microwave proximity sensor, also held in place by dual lock fastener and a cable tie.

I purchased the plug and play harness and had to remove the blue tail plastic to get to it and make it lay nicely once all was plugged, I am a bit of a fanatic about wires lying nicely, the kind of thing I lose sleep over etc.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering this alarm, I think it is excellent, easy install and easy to use.

FJR-Jon in the Catskills of NY...

fjrscorpio900-01.jpg

fjrscorpio900-02.jpg

fjrscorpio900-03.jpg

fjrscorpio900-04.jpg

fjrscorpio900-05.jpg

I love this bike!!! :)

fjrscorpio900-06.jpg

Great job!!

Questions;

1. Did you splice in for power or did you run a dedicated wire to the battery?

2. I'm very interested as to where you splice in for the kill switch, sometime soon?

3. Is that Saeng edging on your windshield? Does it help noticably?

Rog

Rog,

Got some answers and pics for you:

1. I did splice in for power, this alarm does not pull a lot of current by any means, so I decided to splice into the red with brown wire as you can see in the top picture below.

2. I will most likely splice into the blue wire going into the module that has the word "UP" on it, as I believe (according to ancient schematic rule) it is the module which controls the engine able/dis-able during a situation where-as the bike is over and in turn shuts down the engine, this is to be confirmed within a week or so, I will get back to you in this... In the second picture you can see the relay leads already placed (tie wrapped) over to the right of the "UP" module, just waiting for some time to do further testing to make sure this is the place to splice in.

3. Ummm, ...no. It is not the Saeng edging, but rather my own approach, and, yes I think it does help. I sell this as a kit on my website if you are interested let me know the thickness of your shield and length of the edge in which you would like to cover and I will send you a quote if you are interested, but I don’t want to be pushing product here, just helping others with their alarm install, if you would like more info on the edging email me from the website: www.SpeedZoneAhead.com

The website is being worked on so if it doesn’t work please try again later...

Hope this helps!!! :)

Jon

fjrscorpio900-08.jpg

fjrscorpio900-07.jpg

Sooo, ...after much thinking and thinking, I decided the best place for ignition kill circuit interrupt would be the actual engine cut-off switch, you know the red rocker switch on the right handlebar...

I did not want the bike to turn over at all if it was not going to start like with the fuel pump plan, and if the circuit which contains the switch for the ignition to be "allowed" to operate was in series with an ignition kill circuit opener (the ignition kill module from the Scorpio alarm) it simply would not function – this is what I wanted :good: . If either of two switched in series is open the circuit is then open.

This is pretty easy to do too, just find the blue connector on the 2005 right behind the fork bearings down in the front of the frame in the apex under the gas tank front. I used the wire which is "switched" on by the engine cut off switch, this is the red with black striped wire -it is the same on both sides of the connector and therefore can be cut on either side and connected to the leads from the kill relay of the alarm system. You could use the red with white strip wire but this is live with the ignition, …in other words this is on the hot side of the engine cut-off switch while the red with black is on the cold side. The connector and assembly can be fed through the neck of the frame if you disconnect the other two wires from the front brake lever, that is where I got all that nice slack in order to work with the wires easier from.

You will have to extend the leads from the hi-jack kill relay module they are not long enough, but I ran the extensions right along the left side right up to the neck to the blue connector, cut the red with black stripe wire and connect the cut ends to the leads and you are all ready to shut the bike off with the remote.

I hope none of you never have to do this, but now you can, and it is basically just like you are there on the bike pressing the red rocker switch, not waiting for fuel in the lines to run out or anything or waiting for the bike to “think” it is on its side (like with the tilt sensor application).

Hope this helps… :thumbsupsmileyanim:

FJR Jon (It was late when I wrote this sorry for any run-ons and bad writing skills)

Pictures:

fjrscorpioigkillwire003.jpg

fjrscorpioigkillwire002.jpg

fjrscorpioigkillwire005.jpg

fjrscorpioigkillwire004.jpg

fjrscorpioigkillwire006.jpg

fjrscorpioigkillwire001.jpg

*Ride smart, ride safe, and have fun! :pilot: