Sena 10U - what say you folks?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
Hudson and I took a little putt today and talked with our Sena's.

I on my Sena 20S/Shoei Neotec and Hudson on his new Sena 10U/Shoei GT-Air. It took us a few minutes to figure out how to pair them but after that everything worked as advertised. And the 10U in really stealthy, if you didn't know what you were looking for you would not notice it on the helmet.

I looking for someone who has had the 10U long enough to know the good, bad and ugly about the unit.

Curly Joe and his lady are talking about jumping in this century that looks like a very good options for their Shoei Neotec's.

Also, is there any way to use ear buds with the 10U?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

db

The only downside that I know of, and I don't own one, so take it for what it's worth, is that they aren't chargeable while on the bike. I've never charged while riding with my SMH-10, but there have been times it went dead (because I forgot to charge it before a ride), so that may be a non-factor for you. I do like the stealthiness though.

I don't have one either but I heard that it uses the Sena 10 speakers and not the better sounding Sena 20 speakers. I do like the idea that you don't notice it hanging on the side of the helmet. I always keep my Sena 10 charged before rides and mine hasn't had the battery die after a long ride but Pam's has.

Last edited by a moderator:
the remote is a problem. no way to use it really wihout the remote and I had to mount it on a customized ram ball and arm because it would not fit with my heated grips. I am considering getting the wristband remote instead.

Pops, the handlebar remote was easy to use the joystick for volume adjustment, but the buttons are not always easy to engage with thick gloves. Music sound is ok... not as good as the J&M for music, but voice is clear, and no issues with volume when using earplugs. Also, need to charge two units: the helmet and the handlebar remote. Lastly, you are stuck with the brand of helmet with the 10u since they are custom fit for each brand of helmet.

We are seriously considering the switch to the Sena 10U since we switched to the GT Air Helmets. I was holding off on account of it being a first year product, (and the price). until I heard more. Didn't realize a wrist remote is available is it awkward?

steveoreno, the 10U seem to work pretty well from my small sample with it. Here are some pictures of Dave's GT-Air install.

12974378_10154124140629628_2822953553400883449_n.jpg

12987078_10154124140679628_4170047312045734923_n.jpg

12998769_10154124140669628_3311033984298542747_n.jpg

I just installed a 10U in my GT-Air. I really like it. It does sound better than the Starcom1 headsets but that is all I have to compare it to.

Pops, the handlebar remote was easy to use the joystick for volume adjustment, but the buttons are not always easy to engage with thick gloves. Music sound is ok... not as good as the J&M for music, but voice is clear, and no issues with volume when using earplugs. Also, need to charge two units: the helmet and the handlebar remote. Lastly, you are stuck with the brand of helmet with the 10u since they are custom fit for each brand of helmet.
I wouldn't worry about charging both units so often. My 10U remote made it an entire summer and is still not dead.

Just watched a review and it depends on the helmet that the 10U is made for as to which speakers you get....... the Sena 10 or the Sena 20 speakers

The lack of earphone support was a deal breaker for me. I ride 90% with In Ear Monitors and only use helmet speakers when in town. I went with a 20S for my C3Pro instead of the 10U.