Sena F/W 4.3 beta

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderX

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure anyone registered got this word. . .

Two great features added: 3 number speed dial and music streaming to to an intercom paired pillion or rider.

Very cool

Saw the same email ping in a few minutes ago. Good to see Sena is adding features to the units...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email but haven't done it yet. I was wondering how well the intercom music would work.

I looked into it a little bit. Both rider and pillion can listen to the same music but in order to talk you have to toggle over, and then toggle back to listen to the music again. Although I beleave you may be able to change the settings while plugged into the PC to talk via VOX while music is playing. I need to look more into that.

Great..now I have to listen to her music on the bike too
not_i.gif

Great to have speed dial feature, I'm always having trouble being understood by the voice dial feature. I assume to share music, the source of the music would have to be connected to the sena via bluetooth, instead of the audio jack.

I looked into it a little bit. Both rider and pillion can listen to the same music but in order to talk you have to toggle over, and then toggle back to listen to the music again. Although I beleave you may be able to change the settings while plugged into the PC to talk via VOX while music is playing. I need to look more into that.
Toggle over? Yeah, you just hit the jog dial once you are streaming. PC Settings are an easy way to add your three phone numbers for speed dial (different feature). Neither requires PC Settings (other than loading the firmware).

Just make sure you have your old (current) firmware version downloaded and saved somewhere before you try the beta.

When I got my Sena SMH10-11 about 4-5 months ago, after I got it setup and running I checked and they had a beta firmware version available at that time. When I downloaded and installed it (with no apparent problems) I could no longer connect with my multimedia device (SM10) and zumo 550 GPS simultaneously. Either one alone was fine, but not both together. Rolled back to the non-beta firmware and all was well again.

It seems to me that if you load this new firmware you have the option to listen to the same media stream, or listen to your own. Not a very big deal for me because the SM10 performed that dual streaming function anyway. Plus I only have one SMH10 headset, so I only use the BT setup when I'm solo.

Latest posts