Sena Firmware Releases today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
FYI-

December, 20, 2016

SENA RELEASES FIRMWARE VERSION 1.7.1 FOR 20S, 1.3 FOR 10S AND 1.1.1 FOR TUFFTALK

Sena Technologies, Inc. released the firmware version v1.7.1 for the 20s, firmware version v1.3 for the 10S and firmware version v1.1.1 for the Tufftalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, thanks a lot John.
laugh.gif

I've a dual pack of 20s. Plug in the first one and it updates fine. Second one? Nuthin'! Nada. "NO Device Recognized." Do restore, restarts, different ports, all while watching the time drag by as the old computer whirls away. Frustrating.
banghead.gif
And I am NOT looking forward to getting on the phone with Sena's customer service as I've already had that joy once before. Guess the only thing I've got going for me here is that the first one gets recognized immediately so it'll be hard for them to say it's something on my end like "reinstall the driver" or some other boilerplate.

Eh, but a serious thank you for posting the update. Better to be doing this now while the bikes sit mostly covered in the garage I suppose.

Will be plugging in and updating tonight. Thank you, sir!

Gee, thanks a lot John. :laugh:
I've a dual pack of 20s. Plug in the first one and it updates fine. Second one? Nuthin'! Nada. "NO Device Recognized." Do restore, restarts, different ports, all while watching the time drag by as the old computer whirls away. Frustrating. :banghead: And I am NOT looking forward to getting on the phone with Sena's customer service as I've already had that joy once before. Guess the only thing I've got going for me here is that the first one gets recognized immediately so it'll be hard for them to say it's something on my end like "reinstall the driver" or some other boilerplate.

Eh, but a serious thank you for posting the update. Better to be doing this now while the bikes sit mostly covered in the garage I suppose.
Try restarting the computer between updates

Thanks Oublaj, tried that. Several times even but to no avail. So, got a fresh cup of coffee, sat down behind the computer and picked up the phone, all prepared to have patience.

Aaaannnd . . . . I owe them an apology. A live woman with a pleasant voice picked up the line before the first ring ended. Listened to everything I tried and then offered her suggestion. Who knew a paper-clip could do so much?
tonguesmiley.gif
Device plugged into the USB port, turn it on, turn it off via the small reset hole above the label on the back, switch USP ports, go through the Device Manager's screens and all is right with the world again. On a Friday the 13th. no less.
yes.gif